New goni and alveo from Cuttlefish last week

danlu_gt

Both gorgeous, but I especially love the polyp shape on the alveopora!

Premium Aquarium in Wilsonville has several gonis right now. I bought frags of purple and blue. The blue one isn't doing as well for me, but the purple is. Color is a pretty lavender, similar to the grow-out contest goni.

• Like 1

Both gorgeous, but I especially love the polyp shape on the alveopora!

Premium Aquarium in Wilsonville has several gonis right now. I bought frags of purple and blue. The blue one isn't doing as well for me, but the purple is. Color is a pretty lavender, similar to the grow-out contest goni.

Yea, my purple contest goni is doing much better now that the contest is long over. Haha

My purple goni is the only one goni I have that doesn't fluorescent to actinic lighting but I still like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yea, my purple contest goni is doing much better now that the contest is long over.

Mine's the opposite. Did amazing during the contest (I missed a deadline and disqualified myself), extended as juicy and plump as possible, but after moving my tank 3 times, it's had enough. Now, it's melting and nearly gone, so I was happy to find a replacement.

Got these two last Friday. Add to my goni garden.
78f95701da57c737e1fa6cfcb2d92f16.jpg
43fd84ebef9b90835376388ed25a5fc0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Very nice! I have a similar alveo that has done great and grown significantly. Do you find it necessary to routinely feed them? I did quite a bit the first 6 months with goniopower but tapered off for the last 4 or so months and don't know if I've seen much of a difference in growth or polyp extension. My clowns even found a home in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Willapa said:

Very nice! I have a similar alveo that has done great and grown significantly. Do you find it necessary to routinely feed them? I did quite a bit the first 6 months with goniopower but tapered off for the last 4 or so months and don't know if I've seen much of a difference in growth or polyp extension. My clowns even found a home in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes when I'm feeding to fish, I see a small piece of food that get stick to the goni polyps but I never see it actually eat it in.  I tried feeding it powdered up flake food but can't tell if they actually eat that either.  I don't directly try to feed it anymore.

• 5 weeks later...