Needing someone to hold my SPS

impur

As i continue to watch all my precious SPS die one by one, its become apparent that the die-off will not stop. I'm assuming the move disrupted the balance my tank had, and slowely but surely they continue to die. Its very disheartening, and I cannot figure out why. All levels test out perfect. If someone locally would take them for me for a few months i would be much indebted to you. I will work out some frags, cash, whatever you wish in return.

Since I have redbugs, i will have to remove them all to a QT tank and treat with interceptor(which i have) at a strong dosage to be sure and rid all redbugs. I've used the interceptor for occasional dips to keep the redbug population at bay and it works very well, in fact after a 6 hr dip at 2X strength there are 0 redbugs left on the corals. I feel very confindent that this will kill them all and not pose any threat to your tank.

At this point, i have about 12-14 small colony/frags. Some are encrusted to rocks, and i would break the rocks as small as possible to lessen the room they would take up in your tank.

I really hope i can find someone to help me out here. If not, and all my SPS die i will be selling it all and getting out of the hobby for awhile.

P5220001.jpg

P5220003.jpg

P5220004.jpg

P5220005.jpg

P5220006.jpg

Thanks

Miles

Thats awesome of you Jansen. Thanks. I will take you up on that if nobody will help me out locally.

On a side note, both those frags i got from you are doing so good!! They have completely encrusted over the frag plugs and look awesome. So i don't understand why some are dying, and some are doing so well. I am hoping that i don't even have to go this route, maybe frequent large WCs for a few weeks will help balance it all back out. But i've got to find something to fall back on if that doesn't happen.

I know i can get them all in one dose. I've done it as a dip a few times previously. I have no reservation that a double or triple dose interceptor dip for 6-8 hours will kill them all off. I will do as high a dose as I can, for as long as I can. We can inspect them with my 24X magnifying glass before they go into your tank to help you feel better. They are very obvious. If you read up on RC the consensus is now that 1 treatment will get them all, instead of the 3 or 4 that previously was the norm. Even Calfo has a writeup on it.

Its so great to have you guys there to fall back on if need be. Thanks so much, i can't express how much I appreciate it. At this point, i'm going to do some large WCs twice a week for a few weeks and see how things progress. If any more colonies/frags start to go, i'll start pulling, dipping and arranging to get them to someone to hold.

I did some more testing, calibrating and checking last night. The colonies have looked the same for about 3 days, no more recession, but i don't expect those ones currently with recession to make it. Anyway, results using Salifert tests (the best ones in the hobby right?)

Temp 80 (3 seperate thermometers)

SG 1.025 (calibrated twice using RO, then Randy's recipe)

pH 8.1-8.2 (hard to tell since the chart goes from 8.0 to 8.3)

alk 9.3dKH

calcium 420ppm

nitrates 0ppm (completely clear liquid after 3 min)

So, the only thing i can think of, and whats been suggested on my thread at RC is that p04 is high. Although my test suggested the opposite, its just so hard to get a correct reading on phosphates. My hope is that the large WCs will help bring that back in line. That HAS to be what is wrong, there is nothing else i can think of.

I know i can get them all in one dose. I've done it as a dip a few times previously. I have no reservation that a double or triple dose interceptor dip for 6-8 hours will kill them all off. I will do as high a dose as I can, for as long as I can. We can inspect them with my 24X magnifying glass before they go into your tank to help you feel better.

No need to go to the extreme. I trust you. I would hate to see you get out of the hobby. You are very creative with your DIY projects, and I think you really enjoy it. You are always welcome to frags of my stuff when your system gets back on its feet.

Jay

Wow thats very generous of you guys, thanks a ton. I don't know what to say.

Jay - I just would want to be absolutely sure they are all dead. Even if i don't have you hold them i'm still gonna do that treatment. I want those bugs gone. It wouldn't effect the corals at all with that high of a treatment. I'm not gonna go anywhere, was just feeling down about going through this. I do love the DIY stuff!!

Jody - I'll make a trip down your way sometime soon. Need to get this figured out. The recession is slowing, thats good. I think the more frequent WCs are helping. I'm gonna pick up some p04 absorbing media today. Have a good trip man!

I'll keep you guys updated!