Chinese LED group buy

OceanRevive

Ok I don't want to search all day. Lol. Can someone just tell me what the spread is on these. I'm thinking of doing a 4x2 frag tank that will probably be no deeper than 12". How many lights would I need with 120 degree optics? Could I just center the light and get away with it over the whole tank. Keeps sps in the center and LPS, and softies on the sides? Figure 120 optics would be the best choice for a 12" deep tank

John, the spread seems to be about 2-3 feet depending upon how high you can hang it. I personally am doing 2 over a 5x2 frag tank and am going to use 90 degree optics. I pretty much only have sps though so I am going for alot of par. you could probably get away with sps in the middle and everything else along the sides.

no rush, Mike, we are all following you so take your time to develop that. Let's have the layout by Sunday and we place the order on Monday. I am searching a cheaper way to wire the money. BOA will charge $45 bucks for international transfer. we probably save less than 5 bucks each light:)

I assume, you will figure out IT2040 model and Dan will work on D120. We dont' have another choice, i heard other buyers gave up reading that freaking long thread for different layout options, like me. LoL.

I think it is more important, i can get some spare bulbs from manufacter for us, in case, we want to change the layout later.

Here is my layout i'm going to be using. It should be on the bluer side with alot of different spectrums included. The blues should be able to dim independently from white/red/green/violet channels.

The red are the moonlights on the IT units, they are just a normal spot on the D120s

This layout is pretty much the same as Bhazard on RC (he was the guy that has tested dozens of these units with dif colors). Except he recommended adding some reds/greens to the mix.

Let me know what you think.

LED.jpg

So once you get your quota it's off to the races? No small pause for those of us who have just come upon this thread and would like to do a little research before jumping on (a) the bandwagon/joining in. Do you have an order deadline or somthing? I want to switch to LED's but I need 4 to 6 units to cover my tank and that requires that I know what i'm getting and that it's going to be right for my tank, considering the chunck of change..

Dont follow me lol... I don't know what I am doing ;)

No pressure (whistle)

IMO stagger step the RB, with the white and do your best to do the same with the green and red and any other colors

Just try to stay away from the same colors being in clusters, sometimes its unavoidable

26 RB, 13 Cool White, 4 Red, 4 Green, 4 Violet, 4 Blue- Or option two 37 RB and 18 Cool white (naughty)

GL

I think I got flamed by the seller of the above unit for dogging the reds but if you have to have reds, that config above is terrible, like i said try and avoid clusters. I can almost be certain that fixture above has a nice red beacon of light shining below that config

I think I got flamed by the seller of the above unit for dogging the reds but if you have to have reds, that config above is terrible, like i said try and avoid clusters. I can almost be certain that fixture above has a nice red beacon of light shining below that config

brad, maybe that pic of the unit was misleading... that is just to show what the different colors look like. My layout has the reds and just 2 greens spread out.

My layout has the key on the bottom so you can see how it might look

brad, maybe that pic of the unit was misleading... that is just to show what the different colors look like. My layout has the reds and just 2 greens spread out.

My layout has the key on the bottom so you can see how it might look

I saw yours, I didnt study it but it looks good- I never thought that was your layout I was just saying doing clusters ( like that seller has designed his unit) is a bad idea. You know we discussed these units, and they look good IMO, and would be even better on a 18 or 24 sink.

I just type slowly on IPOS aka iPad- you did not have that layout posted when I started typing that earler post LMAO