Looking for a healthy powder blue tang

KRAZY4LPS

If anyones got a healthy powder blue tang that they would like to get rid of please contact me... thanks.

Powder Blues are notorious for ich, they will/can be healthy with not an outbreak of ich, and in someones tank for years, but bagging them up and moving them to a new system then all of a sudden BAM-Ich outbreak

Good luck, I just lost a nice gold rim becuase the fish was such a biotch it would freak out on any new fish to the point it would break out in ich, its dead now, which is a sad/glad moment it caused as much stress for me as the tank-

Pretty fish but .................................

Good Luck

Can u cure ich by putting the fish in a QT and using either copper or hyposalinity? I wanted to get a few tangs for my new tank, but I definitely wanted to quarantine them, especially for the safety of my other fish. I will also put the tangs in last, since they can be such bioatchs if they are in the tank before any other fish.

Can u cure ich by putting the fish in a QT and using either copper or hyposalinity? I wanted to get a few tangs for my new tank' date=' but I definitely wanted to quarantine them, especially for the safety of my other fish. I will also put the tangs in last, since they can be such bioatchs if they are in the tank before any other fish.[/quote']

I don't think you can ever cure ich completely. Even if you kill all the ich on your new tang once you add it to your DT it will be exposed again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I don't think you can ever cure ich completely. Even if you kill all the ich on your new tang once you add it to your DT it will be exposed again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Why would it be exposed again in the DT? If there is no ich in the tank, then it can't be exposed

J-dog there is some research that thinks ich may just always be present in a fish. Then when a fish is stressed and immune system is weakened it overtakes and shows. Something like a staph infection in people. Staph strains are everywhere but people that are sick are affected more. Other research believes that fish have to be introduced ich before they will ever show signs. I don't know what is right or wrong with curing ich. And have lost one power blue from ich in the past, when the rest of the tank was healthy and showed no signs and never did show signs of ich.

KRAZY4LPS best of luck finding a healthy powder blue. Some LFS won't carry them cause they lose too many waiting to be sold, but they will usually order you one. I doubt many people will part with a healthy powder blue. Looks like Clay will for a really good price of 60 bucks.

The link doesn't work bud. Maybe you should of done a simple search on ich? BACK TO THE SUBJECT.

they both worked for me, unless links are not supposed to take you to the web page (scratch)(scratch)

It probably works for paying members, but will not work for non-paying members. One of the perks of paying I guess

If the fish has ick quarantine him. If you put a healthy fish in the tank with ick he will get ick also. The problem is that most tanks have ick even of there not showing signs. The best thing to do is feed some garlic an keep him happy. You could take all yor fish out for a few months, wait for the ick to pass quarantine all your fish in the meantime and then release back into the tank. Every fish from here on out must be treated before you put back in. Even doing all this you could still get ick from anything like live rock or a frag you bought, ick can live in a tiny drop of water so be careful.

Archived