Possum Wrasse? Anyone had one?

ReefSafari

So I have been wanting to get a wrasse, but not a 6-line, so I have been looking at different wrasses that stay small since I only have a 40 gallon Breeder, I was curious if anyone has kept the Possom Wrasses? If so how where they? what did you think of them?

I was curious if anyone has seen them for sale at any of the local shops? I would rather buy locally than have to order from L.A. or some online place. Any other smaller wrasses anyone can recomend? I know christmas wrasses are popular and the mellanblabla wrasse...but they get a little bit big I think for my 40 breeder, I would like something that stays small.

I love my mystery wrasse, but they are anlittle spendy. I know Frank has a possum wrasse, it is pretty secretive in his tank and not a lot of color. I have heard only good things about the canary wrasse.

I have a possum wrasse in my 300g tank. Most of the time you don't see him, buy he is out when I feed. Cool little fish with lots of personality. They are kind of hard to get locally. But it's a great fish specially for your size tank.

I did, but it never came out of hiding and didn't take to frozen/pellet food. I've tried many flasher wrasses, leopard, etc. and none made it very long. right now I've got two that are really active, reef safe, and eat out of my hand. One I got from OIAB, but it's kind of a mystery what it is. Robert thought maybe a Christmas wrasse, but it doesn't look that much like it. The other is a Hoevens wrasse, which is what h2odvl has as his avatar. They are both similar size and body type. Flashers and leopard wrasses are rather finicky and not very hardy ime. Six line are boring as hell, and pretty aggressive. I'd highly recommend the two I have.

FOr a smaller tank, leopards are always nice, I really enjoy my 2 mysteries. 4 lines are great also, not as mean as 6 lines usually, You will need sand for a leopard though. I've kept just about every wrasse listed in a small tank. There are a few different types of possims. woody at seahorse usually has a yellow banded one in stock. A clown wrasse is another great addition.

Archived