my 191 reef

reefhut

All these new tanks going up I think I'll do a new one soon. My 191 reef is an acrylic, James envision built tank 3/4 inch. The dim's are 60x24x30. The lighting is what I like the best (inspired by Travis’s cube). Three 400 watt HQI PFO ballasts w/helios 20k bulbs and junky reflectors. The supplemental lighting is four VHO 03 actinic’s on icecap 660 ballast. The ASM G-2 with a sedra 5000 keeps the crud down. To exchange the water and create all the flow for this tank (believe it or not) is a Sequence WAHOO, yeah only 1550 gph that’s it. Oh well some day I’ll have to do another system??

Enjoy some of the pic’s!!:D

our-display-tank-2.jpg

post-68-141867765627_thumb.jpg

post-68-141867765629_thumb.jpg

post-68-141867765632_thumb.jpg

post-68-141867765635_thumb.jpg

post-68-141867765638_thumb.jpg

Helios

These pic's are with the Radiums. Later I'll post the Helios, maybe people can see the difference. I was just surfing and thought I'd post some of my stuff... Oh the Helios bulbs are super bright and they are intense enough that in a 30" deep tank I noticed less shadows and less ripple effect. The corals seemed to pop right out at you too. I think for now I'll stay with the Helios.

Sweet Shannon!!!

Your Monti's are way cool and take a look at that "orange cap with green digi pic" people. The orange cap is getting green digi streaks in it from merging together. I have never seen that before in anyone else's tank and get a kick out it every time I see it.

Parts of the cap have bright green streaks in it. You definately got some kind of ReefHut LE coral there. I would love a green striped orange cap.