what is your favorite beer?

finch6013

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am a big fan of beer I was trying to encourage a friend to try out a new place (new to him) in Portland that had a huge selection of beer and great pizza. He was not to interested but after a short conversation we went off to dinner to try it out. Me and my wife went often when we lived there. So we get there and they hand you a beer menu first with about 120 different ones on the menu. He looks at it like he is shopping for womens underwear... soon eventually deciding that he will order. I order an IPA and its his turn... he ponders.... and blurts out the only words strong enough to get me to jump from my seat and slap him on the back of the head.....

Coors light

As I am a big fan of beer I was trying to encourage a friend to try out a new place (new to him) in Portland that had a hug selection of beer and great pizza. He was not to interested but after a short conversation we went off to dinner to try it out. Me and my wife went often when we lived there. So we get there and they hand you a beer menu first with about 120 different ones on the menu. He looks at it like he is shopping for womens underwear... soon eventually deciding that he will order. I order an IPA and its his turn... he ponders.... and blurts out the only words strong enough to get me to jump from my seat and slap him on the back of the head.....

Some guys just know what they like, I am with you though. Fortunately I have a good friend that is on the same page as me and we go out to a local store every once in a while that sells hundreds of different micro brews and imports etc, we will usually drop 100.00 bucks a piece and spend one night sampling all the different wonderful selections.

As I am a big fan of beer I was trying to encourage a friend to try out a new place (new to him) in Portland that had a hug selection of beer and great pizza. He was not to interested but after a short conversation we went off to dinner to try it out. Me and my wife went often when we lived there. So we get there and they hand you a beer menu first with about 120 different ones on the menu. He looks at it like he is shopping for womens underwear... soon eventually deciding that he will order. I order an IPA and its his turn... he ponders.... and blurts out the only words strong enough to get me to jump from my seat and slap him on the back of the head.....

what pizza place is this?

you can have your foofy wine/beer I like my Coors

FOOFY! Hah, I like my beer to second as a small meal, I'll take it dark and hoppy, smoky and thick. Around here we use Coors light to throw at the neighbors cause they aren't man enough to drink a real beer.

Nah, I'm just kiddin with ya, I actually do like some coors lite every now and again. Especially after about 3 tankers of the thick stuff when you just can't seem to get that taste of hops out of your mouth.

what pizza place is this?

Ya Miles got it, Old Chicago. A bit pricey but worth it in my opinion. I was not directing my comments to you Jody just that you reminded me of the old story. I drink Coors now and again as well..... though that's simply because IPA's and darker stuff don't always agree with me. If I could it would be IPA, stouts, German pils, and a few others.

After reading this thread, I went out and got a bottle of arrogant bastard and it was awesome! Kinda pricey, but well worth it.

I like brown ales, can someone recommend a good one? Ice cold new castle is one of my faves.

If you can find Sublimely Self-Rightous try that too. Made by the same people that make AB!

Its all about the Whiskey.............and theres only one in that category,

8 Seconds.......yum, yum and dangerous

Have you ever tried the Whiskey Barrel Stout brew that BJ's has? They take their Tatonka stout (which is also excellent) and finish it off in whiskey barrels. It has a nice whisky-oaky flavor to it.