Reef-roids sample?

CraigH

I guess I spoke too soon. Just got my dime bag today. Direct fed my two SPS frags. Now I know why they send it in a dime bag. The stuff is like crack for corals. Mind you I have never cared for SPS before so I really don't know what I witnessed. Both frags shot out some slimy stuff and sucked the stuff back in. I assume that's a good thing right?

yea opened my mouth to soon too lolDOH! but im trying a few corals with this stuff i have two gonaporas one healthy one not so I should tell if this guy perks up because has ben unhappy for weeks also have two sps ill try and two zoo colonys also have taken pics of all so i can have visual refferance ill keep u posted:D

I got mine yesterday and put about 1/3 teaspoon in my 30g. I didn't really notice anything particularly enjoying it. My hydnophora closed all its polyps. Still closed tonight. She can be like that though, reminds me of my better half really. Any little thing can set her off but there is nothing especially wrong with that.

I also shut the skimmer off when I fed it like I always do when I feed. Surface film. Went away when I turned it back on. No sump, Deltec hangon.

When I opened the bag I did inhale a little bit of it. OK on purpose. Nothing.

I'll probably keep using it.

The results are so neutral I'm checking out Polyplabs System Reef-resh now. I can blow like $160 and it probably won't kill anything.

Seriously though, the literature that comes with this product does make sense,to me at least, and I'll be giving it a good chance. I'm also very interested in the Reef-resh as an alternative to Zeo and Prodibio. If anyone wants to try a dual run of some of these products let me know.

Brad, when I tried it I mixed up some in a cup and used a syring to spot feed the SPS directly. They went crazy for it. The only thing I did do was turn off the power heads while I was spot feeding. Also gave some to the mushrooms and they ate it up as well.

Good to know Craig. Although it goes against my principles of laziness I may try that on a couple of my frags.

Curious if anyone is considering the Reef-resh or is using Prodibio or Zeo or even Vodka for that matter? I'm bored with success and would like to kill something.

got my sample yesterday.... I've not yet used it in my softie tank, but it will be interesting to see what the reaction is... if its as good as it says it is... I may even be forced to buy some. and because I"m only using it in a 10g tank, I"ll have some for a while.

Good to know Craig. Although it goes against my principles of laziness I may try that on a couple of my frags.

Curious if anyone is considering the Reef-resh or is using Prodibio or Zeo or even Vodka for that matter? I'm bored with success and would like to kill something.

Don't think I will try vodka but if the reefroids works out I may try the reef-resh out. I'm going to wait and see how everyone else liked or disliked the stuff.

OK it's in, 1/4 teaspoon of roids. Living dangerous. BTW my light cycle is 4 pm to 3 am, one 250W DE Phoenix. In any event, apparently noboldy likes the roids...except the fish...they seemed very happy.

I should qualify that statement by saying that I already have "insane ployp extension" w/o the roids. Whatever in the hell that means.

If only a Phd could tell me if that was good or not...the polyp extension. Far as I know it could be 'cause they are pissed.

Well anyway same as usual I guess.

Maybe tomorrow I'll buy some Zeo, Prodibio or System Reef-resh...or perhaps I'll just do a water change and hit the sack.

I dumped my roids in last night around midnight. Just checked the tank and you know, I do have a bit more polyp extension than usual. Strange since all the roids would have been eaten or skimmed out by now.

I'll try it again tonight.

Well i finally had time to use it and watch to see what happened. I didn't see anything OUTSTANDING after I fed it but I still see real good PE even acouple of hours after feeding. I'll try more in a day or two to see if it keeps up.

But if the corals like it, it might be something to look into to. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

Just a note for anyone looking to buy some more of the Reef-roids:

I bought mine through Fins-Reef in North Carolina and the shipping was free. A container that is meant to feed a 100 gallon tank for 3 months was $19.99 which was the same price as the other places selling but without the shipping. Glad that you all posted your results so I knew I was buying quality before spending the bucks. I just need frags now, June 3rd on it's way.....

Susie