Yesterday was excellent!

Nate213

I had a fantastic day yesterday. First off, I have the week off, so I didn't have to go to work! :D Then my dad came over to go shooting. It was raining pretty hard, but the sky opened up and the light shined down and we had several hours to plink away on the steels. When I came back up to the house for lunch, my wonderful wife had made spaghetti lunch & hot coffee. After lunch I cleaned up all my guns and stuff and put everything back in the safe. About then I got a call from a guy that I had left a message for earlier in the day about a bike. It was still available, so I drove up North and came home with this new toy:

2008KTM1.jpg

2008KTM3.jpg

sounds like the best day ever! Shooting' date=' a hot meal, and a cool new toy. What more could a guy ask for?[/quote']

Maybe not the best day ever, but pretty darn good. Now if a new Apex controller and 300 gallon tank showed up on my doorstep, that would have been the best day ever.

what are you shooting?

We were just shooting pistols that day. My dad got a couple of new ones that he hadnt tried out yet. He brought a Taurus 38 sp snubbie revolver and a Taurus Millenium 9mm. Im still working on my pistol collection, but I used my Kimber 45, SW M&P 40, Springfield XD 9mm and Browning Buckmark duece-duece. Burned up a few hundred rounds of each - kind of hurts my soul knowing what it costs to replace ammo these days. But it was well worth it.

I hate shooting comp with my AR knowing that every time I pull the trigger its $.50

I havent shot my AR for over a year. I bought over 5k rounds a few years back for $150 per thou. Now I just cant part with them. (sad) If I woulda known then what ammo prices would be, I would have bought a ship container full.

I hate shooting comp with my AR knowing that every time I pull the trigger its $.50

R E L O A D (laugh) Just giving you a hard time and yes ammo prices are out to lunch right now. If I would have only known(20 yrs ago) what I know now;)

R E L O A D (laugh) Just giving you a hard time and yes ammo prices are out to lunch right now. If I would have only known(20 yrs ago) what I know now;)

Its even harder to find primers and powder. Primers are almost non-existent in my local area. I have bought them online, but you have to pay that silly $22 hazardous shipping fee and it takes weeks to find someone with them in stock. At the last gun show I saw people selling small rifle primers for $130 per 1000 box!