Car Thread!! post your cars

jason7504

Sweet! I have been waiting to see a pic of that Stang (drooler)

Eric - I have long been a fan of that particular M although I always wanted the droptop version of course! Someone who parks in my lot at work has one of the new ones in bright yellow... kinda hard to miss.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stang. I thought that track looked familiar. Champion raceway. I love that place, I won second place in the summit racing series div 6 finals there a few years ago in my class and our team took first place in the team race. That was the best weekened of racing ever.

• 11 months later...

Here's some pics of a 72 Chevy LWB truck that my son & I did. It has a Billet grill,steel cowl induction hood,shaved antenna,one piece side windows,shaved stake pockets,smoothed tail gate with the handle relocated to the inside,sprayed in bed liner & we also sprayed the bed liner material on the inside of the cab floor & back wall of the cab for sound deader,keyless entry with an alarm system that has an integrated starter kill so if you cut the alarm system wires, it kills the juice to the starter,1000 watt stereo with 10" subs under the seat & the part I'm personally most proud of.If you remember these old trucks had the gas tank behind the seat in the cab(unsafe & very smelly) we took a blazer gas tank & mounted it in the frame rails & hinged the sidemarker light to make a gas filler door,so you open the sidemarker light to get to the gas tank.Engine block is painted body color,lowered 6" rear 4" front. And various chrome and polished aluminum goodies on the engine.It's a 350ci crate motor.It's my daily driver while he's away at school(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

benstruck108.jpg

Benstruck015.jpg

benstruck110small.jpg

Here's some pics of a 72 Chevy LWB truck that my son & I did.

Never thought about adopting an italian and build a car like that for him?

Nice ride!

Here are my bikes. They are stored in my garage in Italy. Still torn about selling or trying to import them. At a certain time of my life I ended up owning 11 at the same time. Mostly classic bikes that I restored. Now I'm down to 6. I don't have all the pics.

1968 150 Lambretta

DSCN0032.JPG

My loved 1977 Moto Guzzi Cafe Racer, most built with my lathe and at the Moto Guzzi dealer where I was working as a mechanic while at the college.

I will never sell this one.

It is all tuned. I did the flywheel myself from a whole piece of alluminum (rock2)

DSCN0198.JPG

This is my 1960 Triton: 1960 Triumph T6 pre-unit engine, 1960 Norton featherbed frame, Norton transmission

DSCN0209.JPG

DSCN0210.JPG

DSCN0215.JPG

Moto Guzzi 1972 V7 Sport. I sold this one half way in the rebuild process. I couldn't resist the money a guy put on the table. He really showed up in my garage and asked how much I was asking. I told it was not for sale. He then put a pile of cash on my workbench. Now he own the bike

DSCN1078.JPG

This was my Moto Guzzi 2006 Cafe Sport. I always keep a modern bike and this was the last one I owned before to move here. In the past I mostry had Ducatis and Moto Guzzi.

DSCN2686.jpg

A few in the stable

Here's a 1970 Ford f250 camper Special, Sport Custom that I picked up next to Garrett's garage. Handed down from his grandfather through his dad and a truck that Garrett drove in high school. I have swapped a 4 barrel carb onto it, tires, electronic ignition, buffed it, etc and am hauling bark and tree trimmings with it now and working the bugs out of a few things including factory A/C...might be for sale during cruise season?

pnwmas001.jpg

This is my daily driver, when not riding a motorcycle(15,000 miles a year). It started out as a 1987 Toyota 4Runner 4cyl with A/C, cruise, SR5 package etc. After owning it 8 years and repainting it, katskin heated leather seats and putting a soft top on it for the summer, I decided to swap in a 3.4 quad cam supercharged tacoma motor with RSracing fuel controllers and custom stainless headers/exhaust, 3rd generation trans, 4 to 1 transfer case, electronic rear locker converted to cable, suspension, trac bar, chromed rock sliders, front and rear winch mounts etc. and have put 30,000 miles on the swap.

pnwmas002.jpg

Here is a one owner, 42k original mileage, Mopar survivor 1972 dart Swinger with factory a/c that I couldn't leave stock. It has a 318, electronic ignition and exhaust, tinted windows, super bee hood and rear stripe. Had Coy's build the wheels after swapping a disc brake front end and larger rear axle under it. Tuned suspension including massive front and rear sway bars. It has the stock 904 trans, but a worked over 360 and a 727 are ready to go under it next fall. It was a fun "barn" find that the owner didnt think would make the 800 mile drive home after telling me he hadnt driven the car for 5 years!

pnwmas003.jpg

ok i have two of them

A 1970 mercury cougar xr7 sporting a 425 cobra jet engine, pumping out 450 hp :) when i fire this bad boy up car alarms go off for a block down the street

my other is a 2001 pt cruiser heavily modified using ram air injection, new cam shaft and new computer chip to push out 210 HP from a 4 banger

cougar1.jpg

cougar2.jpg

pt1.jpg

pt2.jpg

pt3.jpg

pt4.jpg

WOOHOO another PT guy (clap) are you ever on ptcrew.com?

I used to spend all of my money on building honda/acuras...I built several naturally aspirated & turbo motors over the years, and spent WAY too much money!!! My last Integra had a built 2 liter (sleeved, pistons, rods, P&P head, GT35R turbo, built to the wall). It was my only car, and I got sick of ALWAYS having to work on it & worry about it being stolen. I ended up parting the motor out & selling the car...

Now I drive this, and could not be happier! Stock & Reliable!!!

photo-3.jpg?t=1275098169

just to let the classic car lovers that im restoting a 68 ford mustang gold nugget special. i thank we should try to get together this sumer at a classic dinner with all the cars.

oh that's awesome. got any pics? yeah we should all get together somewhere this summer. or we could go to one of the local cruise ins

I used to spend all of my money on building honda/acuras...I built several naturally aspirated & turbo motors over the years, and spent WAY too much money!!! My last Integra had a built 2 liter (sleeved, pistons, rods, P&P head, GT35R turbo, built to the wall). It was my only car, and I got sick of ALWAYS having to work on it & worry about it being stolen. I ended up parting the motor out & selling the car...

thats cool! yeah i'm building up my 468 big block right now for my camaro. It's def not cheap but its an awesome hobby just like reefing is and both are very addicting and expensive (rock2) I haven't really built any turbo engines, just mainly NA. but my 468 has ported and polished heads, forged bottom end, solid roller cam, 1.72 roller rockers and should be good for about 570hp/600tq (naughty)

thats cool! yeah i'm building up my 468 big block right now for my camaro. It's def not cheap but its an awesome hobby just like reefing is and both are very addicting and expensive (rock2) I haven't really built any turbo engines' date=' just mainly NA. but my 468 has ported and polished heads, forged bottom end, solid roller cam, 1.72 roller rockers and should be good for about 570hp/600tq (naughty)[/quote']

It is addicting, and I still miss it...I would like to build another car someday. I did not finish tunning my motor before I parted it out. I just did a street tune with an AEM EMS & wideband. I would guess arround 400hp. I never pushed it over 14lbs with the street tune, but it was crazy fast. Traction was a major issue, nearly non-existant. 400hp in a 2300lb car is pretty crazy!

I pretty much replaces my car addictions with reef addictions. Always trying to tale it to the next level!

It is addicting, and I still miss it...I would like to build another car someday. I did not finish tunning my motor before I parted it out. I just did a street tune with an AEM EMS & wideband. I would guess arround 400hp. I never pushed it over 14lbs with the street tune, but it was crazy fast. Traction was a major issue, nearly non-existant. 400hp in a 2300lb car is pretty crazy!

I pretty much replaces my car addictions with reef addictions. Always trying to tale it to the next level!

I'm sure you will. the addictions never go away for too long like me with my corals. I will be back just taking some time and money for my other addiction, cars! :) oh i bet that was a sweet acura. Yeah 400hp is pretty crazy in that light car. Mine will be around 570hp/600 torque in a 3500lb car and I have big 11.5" wide back tires with traction bars, subframe connectors and will beef up the rest of the suspension as well. I should be doing high 10's to low 11's in the 1/4mi :)

Mustangs

Here's a couple I've owned in the past few years.....4663044786_1035f31000.jpg

4662424007_6a727cf624.jpg...Other than the Engine and wheels, this is a 100% stock '67 Fastback.

Rebuilt the engine myself....It broke my heart to sell her...4663044994_d40c9752a0.jpg

'66 GT...Best handling car I've ever owned.....And I've owned a LOT!

4663046108_90eb8faa8f.jpg

Again, I rebuilt the engine myself.....4662452605_fbc08493c1.jpg