Any chance of recovery?

CA2OR

I have a birdsnest that was starting to do extremely well in my tank.

DSCF1198.jpg

Well my anemone decided to move and rested for a short period of time next to it before I noticed. My anemone is a professional at making morphs out of birdsnest frags(scratch), he changes them from color full to white and polypless...DOH! Anyway he stung the (cussing) out of it and now it looks like this

DSCF1293.jpg

a majority of the main stock is white and the polyps have lost their color. The remaining quarter of it is untouched. Will it recover?

You can kind of see the damage here. Sorry was messing with camera and got a little too close of a close up

DSCF1287.jpg

another shot.

DSCF1288.jpg

You can see how stock is turning brown and even white in some area's. How high in my tank should this be?

I have a birdsnest that was starting to do extremely well in my tank.

DSCF1198.jpg

Well my anemone decided to move and rested for a short period of time next to it before I noticed. My anemone is a professional at making morphs out of birdsnest frags(scratch), he changes them from color full to white and polypless...DOH! Anyway he stung the (cussing) out of it and now it looks like this

DSCF1293.jpg

a majority of the main stock is white and the polyps have lost their color. The remaining quarter of it is untouched. Will it recover?

You can kind of see the damage here. Sorry was messing with camera and got a little too close of a close up

DSCF1287.jpg

another shot.

DSCF1288.jpg

You can see how stock is turning brown and even white in some area's. How high in my tank should this be?

We find ours does best under Medium-High flow, with Medium lighting.

It looks like the anemone didn't hurt it too bad. It should more than likely recover.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

• 2 months later...

I would take a pair of scissors after that carpet & make a couple of throw rugs outa it.LOL,,,,JK I feel for ya, I have a carpet about 16" acrost & he knows he can do abouy whatever he wants. Good luck with the recovery. peace out

After further review I noticed you never mentioned a carpet,guess it is ingrained in my mind that these guys reakeee havoc......

Sorry to hear that Eric. It was a nice piece. I was just about to say that I have had pieces smaller than that survive to full recovery after being stung.

I have a monti that was down to 2 polyps, and is now growing strong and has about 15 polyps. I am hoping for a full recovery.

dsoz