Bad Vibes

steelhead77

I must say that I was so excited about having my 1st saltwater tank! After reseaching and reading so much information I was totally crazy with fear of pit falls. I got live rock and payed way to much because it was the closest to the water in the tank... limiting die off. I got live sand to seed the pristine ro/di water. After many hours/days looking for sign's of life I "spotted it" a very small anemone! Got it out of the fuge and put it in the tank. I was so excited! You can guess my horror when I saw one at the lfs and asked whats it called. They were so kind to sell me a bottle of killer and how I'll never get them all just keep at it. Aptaisia

Did someone say learning curve

No, Eric, the True Green Hornet Purple People Eater AOG AOI looks like this.

rock_anemone.png

You can see how it has the green tint like a green hornet, and the outlined mouth like a PPE, and the metallic sheen of the AOG, and the cool factor of the AOI. :)

I have a limited number of these in my tank that I would be willing to trade...(nutty)(nutty)(whistle)

dsoz

I'll take 10 if they are under 50$ a polyp!!!(whistle)

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??????????

:) :) :) :) :)

not when i'm around to stir the pot...

well problem solved, moving to utah, never to be missed again. lol.

i am glad everything is resolved. tough economic times and a little bit of fear get me on edge. i swear i clicked on my PNWMAS bookmark and it went strait to Reef Central yesterday...stupid button.(nutty)

You want to admit stuff. I bought that rock....yes you read right....BOUGHT that rock for $25. The guy said they were "Rock Anemone" technically he wasn't lying. Just left out the part about they are bad. It was my first coral, what makes all of this worse? I was stoked about how fast they were growing. I was actually target feeding them krill when I fed my anemone. Needless to say they spread EVERYWHERE. Took me 2 months...and a bunch of aptasia control to get rid of them. Who am I kidding...I still have some from that rock.

I think the Moderator 2 hit it on the head. I spend a lot of time reading a lot of posts and replies on the forum. If I had a nickel for every reply I have typed out then deleted...man o man would I have some nickles. It is easy to be passionate. The hard part is harnessing that passion.

Most of us are in it for the hobbie. Some are on this forum for the sake of argument or to question the authenticity of others motives. I want to believe that everyone here does not have an "agenda", and are mearly present to lend a helpful ear or a helpful hand. 8/10 that is the case...it is those 2 times that really dampen the mood!

Heads up and glasses up to the 8 outta 10! For those other two...its fun just to read, shake my head, and click another button. Afterall, I have the power to move on!

Kris

Its a forum and things can get taken out of context and also people can misconstrue peoples words or simply not understand someones sarcasm or seriousness sometimes. I think when that happens people just need to assume the person means well' date=' unless the mannerism continues, regardless Some people just over read into things. Lets move on and enjoy our day and remember these are all friends and we should speak to each other with the same respect we all give each other when we are face to face. We all are friends through the hobby and I personally think we are all a very good group of great people.[/quote']

This kind of stuff is bound to happen. Its because we lack body language when communicating through a webforum. If the exact same conversation was to take place in person it would never escalate but without each persons personal body language to go with their words some things get taken the wrong way. Its going to happen...every single board I have been on has these problems...and I have many hobbies and spend a good part of my day texting to a webpage. I myself have never been involved in a flame session. I have said a few things that were embarissing when I was buzzed and looked back on my posts when I was sober(rock2) but I dont drink anymore so if I say something stupid expect that its just me being stupid and feel free to slap me back into shape:D. I also hate to argue at all so if someone wants to be right then I usually just let them think they are and move on.

Theres my 2 cents.....now everyone behave and play nice or else (threaten)

I think the Moderator 2 hit it on the head. I spend a lot of time reading a lot of posts and replies on the forum. If I had a nickel for every reply I have typed out then deleted...man o man would I have some nickles. It is easy to be passionate. The hard part is harnessing that passion.

Most of us are in it for the hobbie. Some are on this forum for the sake of argument or to question the authenticity of others motives. I want to believe that everyone here does not have an "agenda", and are mearly present to lend a helpful ear or a helpful hand. 8/10 that is the case...it is those 2 times that really dampen the mood!

Heads up and glasses up to the 8 outta 10! For those other two...its fun just to read, shake my head, and click another button. Afterall, I have the power to move on!

Kris

I like reading Kris' posts. They always have a positive ending. :)

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-