Original post was removed? But anyways, Ca2or!!!

Ocean In a Box

well my supplier is named Bruce so not sure who she "is" we delt with a lady from time to rime but she worked for another supplier when we did buys she has since went out on her own but have not bought from her as far as names on zoa your partly correct but I was just wanting to know linage as I would for my true PPE's there are certain morphs that linage matters and I believe these to be one of them just like my BPC flamethrower chalice, and the fact was I had thought about seeing to be put on your list for a polyp or to but yet again your true self has come out and yet again I will pass on any further dealings, sorry I even asked.

so what you were just posting to rub CA2OR nose with them and make him look bad lol. No motive other then wanting to know linage but beings im a vendor you assume otherwise and we had a prior dealing but you had no Idea of who I was your loss for the way you handled it then and now I asked a simple question with nothing more then a simple "no there my own" would had sufficed.Should have pm me if you thought otherwise.

If you saw how he was getting beat up on RC, the other forum you would understand why I was trying to help him. It's getting to the point people cant even help someone without being taken out of text and trying to make them look bad. And furthermore I know you all to well Jody so your not being slick by trying to go around me to order stuff. And why would you anyways? Looks like they closed the thread anyways. Goodluck CA2OR and if you need any help in getting rid of them let me know, I'll help you with eBay.

So I know what "True Purple Hornets" look like and to be honest those don't look like them either, As seen here http://www.coralpedia.com/articles005.php< Link

I openly admitted that the one's I was posting were most likely AOI's. To clarify, I was posting those for a friend, they aren't even mine. I do have some of these AOI's. I listed them as I\we were led to believe that they were. But in the thread you were referring to I quickly realized after viewing others responces, Coralpedia's artical on purple hornets, and their zoanthids database that these were not them. Even admitted it in that thread. Then I started another thread, which was left out, seen here where again I admit and request title change due to the fact.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1626878< Link

So why all this is up here is beyond me. FYI based of the pictures found here

http://www.coralpedia.com/articles005.php< Link the one's shown in the pic dont appear to be the same. Color morph = different zoa or not PH's. Purple Hornets have alternating skirt Yellow, Purple, Yellow, Purple and so on, not green striped. From what I see in that pic of yours they would either be Teal Rings< Link or Black hole suns< Link Either way you can see what they are not. Purple Hornets< Link

Point being that I have said repetatively that the one's shown in the RC thread were in fact AOI's not hornets. Yet, you feel the need to say something to "help me". (I read the deleted thread and thought it not worth responding to) I think that the question regarding "Direct lineage" is a valid one, if you are "claiming" to have "True Purple Hornets" then they would have come from Gary or been traceable back to him. In addition I think that the comment about "true colors" is pretty obvious what it means. I have had no interactions with you nor will I. This is my first "flaming" post if you will and will most likely be my last.

So again for all here to see these

DSCF1190.jpg

are NOT purple hornets nor blue hornets. Closest I could tell is that they are AOI's or Blue Eyed Dragon's. I am leaning towards the AOI's. Nice zoa's just the same and not very common IMO.

P.S. I do have Blue Hornets, which are color morph, supposedly, just the same they too are not "True". and I dont work with EBAY stores I prefer stores that provide guarantee's with thier stuff and do direct sales without requiring memberships. Feel free to blast me now.

I think it's ridiculous that anyone should have to pay 30-100 dollars for a single polyp of zoanthids or palythoas. They grow quite fast, and I really think that is just taking advantage of people. (flame)

Just my .02 cents.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

• Like 1

I have to agree that if someone is claiming to have/sell/whatever "purple hornets" and wants to get the prices they demand, then they should be direct lineage. both of the pics in this thread dont look like purple hornets. I do however think that they are both nice looking pieces. I wouldn't mind having either. I dont even think it is possible to have a large colony of true "purple hornets" at this point because they have a growth rate similar to that of PPE, which is very slow as far as zoas go. The "original" colony died, but frags still remained in local hands (wherever it was) and the first polyp went up on ebay and sold for fairly cheap, the second however was the $305 polyp and then there were several others that were around the $300 dollar mark. After only being out for about 6 months there really isn't much of a way to have large colonies.

• Like 1

Thats the reason when I sale on ebay I start most of my auctions for a penny. You see the pic of what im selling and you will decide whats it worth to you. Very seldom do I post a price tag on a piece unless I think it's a really nice piece and warrants a higher price.

Umm, ok.

But, if the price on your site is $99.00 for "X zoa" and even higher on another site they're going to bid it all the way up to $99.00 anyways, or just barely under.

Failed logic.DOH!

Ricky Soutas Jr.

Mr. Reef' date=' I have to agree. In I believe the thread I posted I said in there that naming of zoa's is over rated and used for no other reason than profit.[/quote']

By the way this is VERY TRUE.

Sorry for the double post.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

I think it's ridiculous that anyone should have to pay 30-100 dollars for a single polyp of zoanthids or palythoas. They grow quite fast, and I really think that is just taking advantage of people. (flame)

Just my .02 cents.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

I recall $100 1/4" frags of the oregon blue tort in your shop not that many years ago how is this different?

If you saw how he was getting beat up on RC' date=' the other forum you would understand why I was trying to help him. It's getting to the point people cant even help someone without being taken out of text and trying to make them look bad. And furthermore I know you all to well Jody so your not being slick by trying to go around me to order stuff. And why would you anyways? Looks like they closed the thread anyways. Goodluck CA2OR and if you need any help in getting rid of them let me know, I'll help you with eBay.[/quote']

what in the heck are you talking about? going around you? listen if you knew a inkling about me like allot of folks here do you wouldn't have taken my post personal but you have and keep making these remarks all I wanted was a question answered and you went off on your own tangent in fact I was hoping it would start up a relationship but hey guess not your choice but stop with the off handed comments.

I recall $100 1/4" frags of the oregon blue tort in your shop not that many years ago how is this different?

They were actually much bigger than that. They always have been 1inch to 1.5 inches in size. It was only for about a year as well. We currently sale them for $38.00 a frag at the same size as above.

The difference quite honestly was that there wasn't that much out there, and it was a extremely slow grower. Plus we weren't in a such a messed up situation with the economy. It's a completely different situation.

Zoanthids and palythoas on the other hand grow extremely fast, and I'd say they should at least get more than a few polyps for that price not just one.

I hope you can understand that. Otherwise I'd say your just looking for a argument while presenting false facts.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

This hobby is truely an amazing hobby. When it comes to corals it is funny how supply, demand, and a simple discussion can lead a coral from being "worth" $.50 a polyp to being worth over $50 a polyp. Many of us have had corals that we thought very little of or at least in terms of dollar value did not associate with much worth. Then, all of the sudden 3 months later some guy from some where started to talk about how cool his new coral looks and how spectacular it is for such and such reasons. All of the sudden a few people are interested in a few frags of the coral. A month later the coral is considered by many to be rare or hard to come by and for some reason is more beautiful or "worth" way more now. Now that coral that we once had or happen to have but thought nothing of becomes a hit and one of our prized tank specimens "worth" more to you now than ever before. This is just how things tend to work in the hobby. It kind of makes it fun! One moment you are kicking yourself for selling/trading off your once drab and "worthless" 8" echino for a few mushrooms and the next you are wishing you could afford that really crazy looking zoa that just last week had a $10 price tag on it.

I love this hobby! Its crazy and slightly bi- or even tri- polar but it rocks!

Umm, ok.

But, if the price on your site is $99.00 for "X zoa" and even higher on another site they're going to bid it all the way up to $99.00 anyways, or just barely under.

Failed logic.DOH!

Ricky Soutas Jr.

You obviously dont know how ebay works. First of all it works to both ends of the spectrum. I can have "X" item on my website for a $100. Turn right around and sell a colony on ebay one week for $65 and the next week for $200 all along the piece was available on the website for $100, not failed logic.....just the facts!!!!

there your wronge I have numerous rare paly's that grow slow including PPE, Orange PE, Pink Elephants, ext ext.

They were actually much bigger than that. They always have been 1inch to 1.5 inches in size. It was only for about a year as well. We currently sale them for $38.00 a frag at the same size as above.

The difference quite honestly was that there wasn't that much out there, and it was a extremely slow grower. Plus we weren't in a such a messed up situation with the economy. It's a completely different situation.

Zoanthids and palythoas on the other hand grow extremely fast, and I'd say they should at least get more than a few polyps for that price not just one.

I hope you can understand that. Otherwise I'd say your just looking for a argument while presenting false facts.

Ricky Soutas Jr.