Best way to change lights?

Barleychown

I will be setting up MH over my tank soon and will need to acclimate the tank to the new lights.

I have read that some start the lights high and slowly lower them, some start with only an hour a day and gardually increase the duration, and some use the eggcrate and 14 layers of screen method.

How do you feel is the best way to go about this?

I would also say to shorten the photo period. Just ease them into it like nu2 said. Sounds like a hastle to lower, raise, put egg crate down. Has anyone had any adverse effects on their tank from doing it this way? Let me know Im kinda wondering also. Later Ryan

If you can' date=' i'd just start the light high and lower it an inch or 2 every couple days. Save all the hasseling with screens and eggcrates. Especially if you are like me and have your hand in the tank every day.[/quote']

I agree with Miles Sarah, start high and lower to the par you want. Either way is fine, just don't overdose all at ounce. whatever way is easier.