PCI chiller in Solana

jason7504

i have a solana and summer will be here shortly and im already getting temps of 80-81 in my tank..i have a PCI-280 chiller. it says it needs between 500-800gph of flow but i want to try to keep any pumps hidden in the back chambers..right now i have the stock skimmer in the first chamber, a fuge and filter floss in the 2nd and my return pump and nano media reactor in the 3rd chamber(i want to add a ATO in there too)..is it possible to squeeze a pump in the back chamber so i can hide it? and if so, what pump should I get and how can I do it? is there a better way to go about this too?

I built a closed loop on mine using a 1000gph rated pump. The inlet(with screen of course) and outlet are the black pre-bent returns, and fit nicely in the rear corners in the display, I hardly notice them. I put the pump in my stand and drilled holes in the back for the plumbing. It fits well next to my ATO 5gal supply.

HTH

I built a closed loop on mine using a 1000gph rated pump. The inlet(with screen of course) and outlet are the black pre-bent returns, and fit nicely in the rear corners in the display, I hardly notice them. I put the pump in my stand and drilled holes in the back for the plumbing. It fits well next to my ATO 5gal supply.

HTH

can you post a pic of the set up?

Mine is an octopus pump. I would go with the large Eheim if I had it to do again.

The intake and output tubes are these...

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage~PageAlias~plumbing_parts_fittings_return_u-tube.html

The intake screen is this...

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~action~view~idProduct~FT8355~idCategory~FIFTSTSP~category~Slip_Fitting-Strainers-Plumbing_Parts-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~.html

I get 90% of my stuff from Jason at CRPC. In fact, most of this was his idea.

• 3 weeks later...