Gorgonia purple whip question

fakkzz

More of my fix up questions...

So my Gorgonia has an algae most likely hair algae growing off the tips. The person who had the tank "liked it" cause it flowed around like "palm trees" and didn't realize it was killing off the coral. Any ideas how to fix this. It's been a six week battle. Water isn't bad. I pull of whay grows trying not to hurt the coral itself. Not sure if i should cut off the affected parts or not. It is no longer spreading down the fingers though.

Thank you again!

I thought about just cutting below where the algae seems to keep growing? Would that be a bad thing? as far as flow I don't think I can go any higher. I have been worried about it being to high since I got the tank back from my ex. . . something else I asked advise about on another thread :)

It is in good flow now. I have a tsunami blue that mixes thing up a bit with the wave pumps. It has been "opening up" nicely since the tank has been "stabalized" if you will. I guess I will try cutting them of and see what happens.

Thank you! Everyone is asleep in this picture. The lights Just came on when I took this picture. That clam is fabulous when it opens up. That clam is the one whos got me thinking about more clams this time. Infact he's a new addition! He's only 3.5 inches so I'm following your advise about feeding. He is a baby compared to my other who is 8 inches. I've got the new one low in the tank right now. His colors show so nice lower but after your advise (stylaster) I may have to move it up top.

YAH! glad to hear that, you'll have to post a recovery pic in a couple of days. i would also purchase some rotifers to feed it, turn off the pumps and dump some on the gorgonian so it's tenacles can catch them. I find that feeding helps speed the recovery process