Another FS question w/ pics

Vancop

I found my problem with mine...the solution they sent me tested at 1.020...not 1.026 ( .35ppm ) like they said.....we tested it today at seahorse, I must have gotten a bad batch .....only cost me my first coral !! Frog spawn not gonna make it I don't think...when i put him in my Salinity was 1.018.....but the refractometer said it was 1.023 I recalibrated it and it seems to be fine now....when I called Marine Depot they said the solution should have been .35ppm but it is actually made for a salt water moniter and not the refractometer

Thanks for the offer, I will be back in soon, going to let the water settle down and things adjust for a bit. Came home and the refractometer is reading correctly now....but I will be watching it.!!! Marine Depot said that is mst have been a bad / old batch of fluid ....and they stated the fluid is actually for a salinity moniter...I suppose thats there out for liability!! but SW is SW ...regardless moniter or meter !