WTB: TDS meter & Refractometer

downhill_biker

I dont know Franklin, when you were over with the refractometer, my hydrometer matched it exact. There is probably some error on both instruments, but I am probably within range. A toyota prius is very new technology but it doesnt mean its better than a 57 chevy, they are different, and both get you from point a to point b. i guess im in the 57 chevy and your in the blue prius......

I dont know Franklin' date=' when you were over with the refractometer, my hydrometer matched it exact. There is probably some error on both instruments, but I am probably within range. A toyota prius is very new technology but it doesnt mean its better than a 57 chevy, they are different, and both get you from point a to point b. i guess im in the 57 chevy and your in the blue prius......[/quote']

I have a refractometer but I'd much rather have a 57 chevy(drooler)

ah yes but in this case the 57 chevy is the refract and the prius is the hydrometer. Just because your hydrometer was accurate today doesn't mean it will be tomorrow. You have no way to calibrate it if it ever does(which it will:D) loose calibration. There are just to many ways that a hydrometer can give an inaccurate reading. Curtis YOU do NEED a REFRACTOMETER! This shouldn't even be a discussion ;)

I would vote a refratometer before the TDS meter. The only thing a TDS does is tell you if your RO/DI filters/resin needs replaced (the hair algae can tell you that too). A refractometer tells you whether the water change water will kill your tank, whether you need to add top-off water, etc. Plastic hydrometers are known to fail eventually. The plastic absorbs water, bubbles on the moving parts, a bit of salt that dries in the chamber that dissolves just in time to change your reading...

Get in on the group buy to bulk reef supply and order a refractometer for about $30.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Test-Kits-Refractometers/c69_117/index.html

dsoz

A 57 BelAir with a Magnuson blower on a LS engine. Oh yeah..juice it too.

Sorry guys but the 57s are not there for me but a 55 2 door post now we are talking(rock2) Still remember when a guy had one for 500 bucks and that was only 20 yrs ago(whistle) Should have bought it but had no place to store itDOH!