pyramid snails

Brendan275

I recently have noticed some Pyramid snails on my Clams at night. I have been removing them off the clams at night. Prob pulled out 10 in the last 2 weeks. Anyone have any suggestions in getting rid of these fellows? I would prefer not to have to pull out the clams all the time since I have 5 atm.

I just kept checking at night, and pulling the clam out and cleaning with tooth brush if I saw them. I also added a 6 line wrasse, and haven't seen any lately. Make sure when you remove the clam to clean the snails off you get any eggs, and check the sandbed closely for snails that fell off. A couple weeks of persistance and the addition of a 6 line wrasse should take care of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah they are still alive. I thought the problem was over and now they seem to be back again D:. Hey downhill, when you took yours out for scrubbing did you use 2 buckets of water? One for scrubbing and one for rinsing before you put back in your tank? I hate to take them out again I think it stresses them out a lot since 4/5 of them are attached to rock.

no i only used one bowl with tank water in it. i pulled the clam, put it in the bowl. scrubbed it all over (out of water), looking for snails, eggs, ect. then rinsed it in the bowl and put it back in the tank. i took the water in the bowl and poured it down the drain. it helps. not fullproof, but after a couple times of this, they should be knocked down in population, and you should be able to kill the rest with a 6 line wrasse.