FS/FT Misc Corals

jadams7

First off, I have a couple of anemones that I will not have room for as I am taking down my 40g breeder. They would have a bit better color under halides, i just have them under a single vho bulb right now. If anyone can ID the third anemone, let me know. I have no clue what it is.

I have a red/pink (more red) montipora on a good sized rock. I would guess the montipora is roughly 5 1/2 by 6"

Also I have a green pocilipora colony, about the size of an orange or softball

I also do not need the leather right by the pocilipora, the polyps are too small to be a devils hand IMO, but it is similar.

And finally I have this leather. It has 4 heads and what I think is 1 baby starting. I dont know what type of leather this is, but it has been pretty hearty and a decently fast grower.

I apologize for the pictures, they are crap.

Would love to trade if anyone is interested...

I am looking for a clam or clams, bright zoo colonies, ricordea, or a green or purple hammerhead coral (decent size). Possibly other stuff, mostly just soft corals though. Thanks!!

post-1660-141867773702_thumb.jpg

post-1660-141867773705_thumb.jpg

post-1660-14186777371_thumb.jpg

post-1660-141867773713_thumb.jpg

First If anyone can ID the third anemone, let me know. I have no clue what it is.

It looks like a curley-cue anemone...

The Curly-Cue Anemone, also known as Corkscrew Anemone, Curly Q Anemone, Curlique Anemone, and the Trumpet or Rock Anemone, is a member of the Aiptasiidae family. It is found in the Mediterranean and Eastern Atlantic Ocean, most commonly from Plymouth to the Gulf of Guinea. The body is opaque amber with yellowish-white spots. The tentacles turn brown to brown/violet as they extend away from the body, are translucent and have spots. (from http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=16+2158+2212&aid=3125)

Are the other two BTAs? the second one kinda looks like a condy.

dsoz

Thanks Dsoz! I was thinking it was a corkscrew, but all the pictures of them I have seen show them with very long tentacles (almost like a condy) but mine has very short, thin tentacles covering the top. Who knows, might just be some offshoot or something. The thing is pretty huge, and is actually kinda cool, but I am ridding myself of my anemones for now (except my RBTA which I have been splitting as an experiment).

The other two are both condys I believe, the one with the red base has pink tips (cant really see in picture) and the other one is more purple than the picture shows regularly.

If you are still interested even though they arent BTA's then let me know! I would definitely be down to trade

Thanks Dsoz! I was thinking it was a corkscrew, but all the pictures of them I have seen show them with very long tentacles (almost like a condy) but mine has very short, thin tentacles covering the top. Who knows, might just be some offshoot or something. The thing is pretty huge, and is actually kinda cool, but I am ridding myself of my anemones for now (except my RBTA which I have been splitting as an experiment).

The other two are both condys I believe, the one with the red base has pink tips (cant really see in picture) and the other one is more purple than the picture shows regularly.

If you are still interested even though they arent BTA's then let me know! I would definitely be down to trade

Sorry, only interested in RBTAs. :( I also am experimenting with splitting them for propagation. I have one really nice one, just checking into getting more.

dsoz

There are quite a few video's on youtube and such on propagating RBTA's

Seen a lot of them, and have done it before. Reed the article that I wrote for the next issue of Random Flow. Now I just need to figure out how to do it on a large scale so I can make some money.

Eric, next time, use PM :)

jadams, Sorry for the thread hijack.

Seen a lot of them, and have done it before. Reed the article that I wrote for the next issue of Random Flow. Now I just need to figure out how to do it on a large scale so I can make some money.

Eric, next time, use PM :)

jadams, Sorry for the thread hijack.

good point, +1 on the apologies for the hijack

Dsoz- no sweat, good luck with the splitting of the RBTA's. Its pretty fun and surprisingly easy.

CA2OR- the pic is free to you...jk. Were you referring to the leather or the pocillapora (green banzai tree looking thing on the right)

Salty419- What zoas were you referring to? I have some that are fraggable (if that is a word). The cup is available also if you are interested if you will let me take a quarter sized frag off of it for my nano I am starting up

Lowman- shoot me a pic of the torch coral, as for price of the pocillapora , I have no clue, throw out a price and we can go from there.

...and no problem with the thread hijack guys, I really dont mind. I tend to get off subject often as well...