My favorite places to buy Zoos online.

rmhuntley

Disclaimer: I love all of our local fish stores and support them every chance I get(more than is good for me, actually). I thought I would share some of my knowlege of online shops that carry outstanding Zoanthids, which are my passion as well as that of a few others in the club. Please do not flame me for shopping online, as seems to happen every time someone brings up not buying something locally.

www.coralfanatics.com this is a WONDERFUL place to buy zoos from, or any coral really. I've always been super impressed with their service, selection, and quality. Deidre is alwyas quick to help, and if you call her asking about a peice thats sold, they usually have a couple like it. free 2nd day shipping on orders over $100, free overnight on orders over $200

www.extremecorals.com Also a good place to get Zoos. they get soem absolutely amazong colonys in and the prices are pretty good.

www.aquadesignz.com You never really know what you're gonna find when you browse their selection, but you can rest assured, it wil most likely be amazing. Shipping prices are reasonable

www.fragglereef.com Simple astounding.... I"ve not ordered from them, but check these guys out.

www.ultimatefrags.com Just browsed so far, but WOW.

www.sharkysreef.com Never purchased from Sharky, but he has lot of beautiful Zoas, both in colonys and per polyp frags.

www.jimmysreef.com

www.elitereefs.com THese uys have some decent zoas at standard prices, but every once in a while, they'll suprise you with something simply outstanding at rock bottom prices.

www.purecaptive - closed for the summer. I've done business with Bryan a few times, and have yet to be disapointed. Extremely knowlegable and easy to work with. Shipping methods are outstanding. Good prices as well.

Everything that I"ve said here is either first-hand experience or simple observation. these are not paid advertisements(the checks are in the mail, right guys?)

It might be stepping over the line a little but my store (Cichlids and Salt) has quite a selection and we get more every week from the solomons where most of the cool zoos are coming from. We don't have as many as those places yet but eventually we will be aquaculturing all of our own zoos. When we finally find a larger location I am thinking of doing my 240 gallon tank exclusively in zoos that we are aquaculturing. I am not a really big colored stick fan myself but really like all of the different colors of zoos.

now see, this is the kind of info that us Zoo lovers need to hear!!! I"ve never been in to C&S, just cause its a really long drive, but soemtime when I'm down a little closer, I'll have to make the drive an dcheck you guys out. I will say that all the LFS up here get some really impressive zoas in, the most impressive of the lot coming out of the solomons, from what Travis has told me.

Yes the solomons are definately where we can regularly get the nicest zoos. I order them from other places like Fiji and Jakarta just so that I can try and get some different ones but every time I order from the solomons they send a lot of different colors and most of the zoos are outstanding. You tend to get several different colors on a rock and some of the colors we have seperated off to start growing out new colonies to frag. We intended on keeping and growing some of every nice color we get in. That way it will be like going to the hardware store and buying paint for your house. Ohh I would like to put some reds over here right next to some greens and then maybe some pinks. It is going to take some time and I know some of our customers get a little irritated because I have a lot of different colors that are growing out but in order to have the nicest zoos all the time it is just going to take a little while. It is rather funny because we still have new customers that come in and are just amazed because there are so many colors of zoos they have never seen. Not that the Eugene/Springfield area is a Mecca for nice corals but eventually this will change.

I can tell you never did this before but you have to give plasma to get money they don't pay for blood. We used to do it in training in the Air Force when I was down in Biloxi Mississippi for two reasons. To get our drinking money and so that we got drunk faster.

If I don't find another location soon (I have a couple of prospects now that I am waiting for the current tenants to finish getting their stuff out of so I can look at them) I think I am going to get a storage unit for all of the stuff in my garage and set up the big fiberglass trays that I have and a couple of big tanks for mother colonies. I would also set up a quarantine system for fish so that I can increase my stock without taxing my systems at the shop.

I actually knew that just took the plasma, but that too SO much longer to type. and you're right, I"ve never done it before. I wold love to see your prop setup when you're finished. I'm actually cleaning out my garage as we speak so I can set up a small prop system ( a couple ot 10g tanks and a 20H) but I would like to see a large prop system in action

OFF TOPIC here kinda unless you consider after reading this thread i was just daydreaming(at night) about looking at a bunch of zoos that i dont have.............

I sure wish there was a reef store in Bend. I surely would support a good store here if someone good at this would just open one. Hell, i might even help them open it.............

I have thought about it but it would not be for awhile yet. First I have to get the first store in a final location and stabilized before I go starting another place. I have quite a few people that drive in from Bend to buy stuff from me and I have heard there are a lot of people over there with money so I think it would be a wonderful untapped marketplace that would take sometime to get off the ground but would eventually be a big gainer. When ever you move into a new market like that you have to develop customers by encouraging people that have never had a tank to set one up and take advantage of the existing customers that have been going through the trouble of getting stuff from other places.

Hey that is ok to. I spent a bunch of money on advertising when I opened this store and I don't think I made $100 bucks in the first week I was open. Pretty sad I know. It is hard to understand unless you have been there. Ohh and never spend money on advertising in the Register Guard. Nobody reads that thing.

thats a fabulous Idea Sean..... then you will have Stacey in every day selling blood to buy " one more frag"(drooler) We actually need more aquaculturing going on in the area

I can sell blood for frags? Sweet!!

not to pipe in but iv got alot of so called desighner zoos lol with all the big names lol anyways my cam skills suck so im a little imbarrassed at my pics but will fix that one day lol untill then everyones welcome to stop by anytime if your in the area and view in person. heres a sample of what i have

zoos005.jpg

zoos004.jpg

zoos011.jpg

and heres some news one's im growing

zoos010.jpg

zoos007.jpg

zoos009.jpg

hope this isnt outa line posting in here but if it is i apologize and feel free to delete.