Looking for lighting advice for my 125g

dj_giantti

I could still use some help on my lighting. I have a 125gal tank that is 6ft long and I wanted to host mainly SPFs what combo of lighting should I use. I also want to have the show tank color.

What I have

2-400w PFO MH 2000k blubs

2-250w PFO MH 2000k blubs

8-65w power compacts blue actinics

I would use the 2-400w on the outside with 1-250w in the middle. Then spread out your pc's for the actinics. This way you have a lower light in the middle for lower light corals.

As stated earlier I don't like pc's for actinics but if you have them use them. I like vho's. I have not used t5's but a lot of people swear by them.

Hope that helps..........

I would use the 2-400w on the outside with 1-250w in the middle. Then spread out your pc's for the actinics. This way you have a lower light in the middle for lower light corals.

As stated earlier I don't like pc's for actinics but if you have them use them. I like vho's. I have not used t5's but a lot of people swear by them.

Hope that helps..........

I agree with Mike. 2 400s and a 250. Vho or T5 for supplementation.

What ballasts are you using for the pcs? Some of the bigger workhorses would work for the VHOS.

Im not sure who stocks VHO bulbs though Brandon. I would call most of the sponsors on here and see if they have 6' Vhos instock. I think a WH7 or 8 is what you need.

Most people buy the super actinics if they want a bluer tank.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idProduct=UF3245&size=72%20inch%20(160%20watt)&child=UF3725&IdCategory=FILTBUFLVB&category=VHO_Fluorescent-Fluorescent-Light_Bulbs-Lighting-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies&tab=1

Or they buy the Actinic white for a little whiter.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?action=view&idProduct=UF3243&idCategory=FILTBUFLVB&category=VHO_Fluorescent-Fluorescent-Light_Bulbs-Lighting-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies&vendor=&child=UF3723

You could do one of each which would be nice. Talk to Jason in Salem at CRPC. I know he runs 6's over his tanks. Maybe he has a spare ballast or bulbs. I will call ya this week Brandon and maybe I can stop by.