Dehumidifier

Michael7979

i only have 40 gallons and no sump but the tank is in my bedroom(nono).i only evap like a gallon mabey gallon and a quarter a day. but the humidity is bad. i have a ceiling fan 1 tower fan and 2 floor fans aswell as my window open half way 24/7. even when it was snowing outside it was friken hot in here. ive been looking for a small dehumidifier but have yet to find a cheap one.

i only have 40 gallons and no sump but the tank is in my bedroom(nono).i only evap like a gallon mabey gallon and a quarter a day. but the humidity is bad. i have a ceiling fan 1 tower fan and 2 floor fans aswell as my window open half way 24/7. even when it was snowing outside it was friken hot in here. ive been looking for a small dehumidifier but have yet to find a cheap one.

Look into something called Driz-air, (sp.), they are designed for closets and cost under $10 and you can refill them. Or if you have a ACE Hardware near your their website listed a 12-15 pint unit for

$50. Thats a small unit that would fit your situation. Where as the one I got is a 70 pint unit.

De Humidifier

What are all the specs on the one you got I am shoping for 1 right now but the Home depot by me in sherwood, or said that they are no longer carrying them....... I will probably order online but I would like to get 1 that has worked good for someone else. My other question is that with a dehumidifier do you notice more evaporation of your tank water?

I have a small 2 bdr apt and a small living room with a 75 reef ( I need to update signature I know), single 400 MH 18 PC actinics and one powerful 4" fan built on my fixture, with 20 gal long refug/sump. I also have my little vacant biocube that is looking for a new home owner or renter right now, but I need new lights first!

I think moisture was already a problem with my apts before I moved in because they made me sign this mold/ moisture aggreement with my lease. Makes sence because 1 whole wall of my apt is in a hillside.

So anyway got mold in all my windows, even bedrooms, mold in corners inside of metal door is always wet and water on floor at bottom of the door...... I am allergic to mold and do not have the time to bleach windows and walls everyday so I need something that works or some suggestions. I am at work all day and do not feel comfertable leaving a window open all day while I am gone.

HELP!!!!!

We bought the 70 pint unit from Lowes for $239.

They also had a 50 pint unit for $199 and a 30'ish pint unit for $159.

We have only had it for a few days but so far it is working awesome! It has the room down to 50% relative humidity.

So far it appears that it has lessened my evaporation. Which right now I don't mind, since 5+ gals a day was kiling me and my back!! lol :)

I got a bad joke about relative humidity....but I won't post it here!!! I am so happy that I put everything out in the garage! It has been a challenge, but I have none of the issues with moisture. The garage is WELL ventilated, and even at freezing temps outside, I am able to crack a door on the sump enclosure and clear out excess moisture.

I did notice a problem with moisture when the 55 was in the spare room. I too left the window cracked at all times. Albeight, I never had to use the heater in that room!

Kris

Well the dehumidifier is working awesomely! Keeping the room at 50%RH. I can't say it has lessened the evaporation but I can't say it has increased it either.

An added bonus to running the dehumidifier is that it is keeping the garage a few degrees warmer. And boy has it changed the feeling of the room in general.

Dehumidifier

Got 1 ordered. It the Goldstar 50 pint unit with electric controls from walmart.com $145 plus 22$ shipping. It had really good reviews in consumer report so I figured it couldn't be to bad. I would have gone to Lowes but the Lowes by me has employees that are pretty much all dumb and some are #*%^$@@$^&. So I went the online route. I will have it between the 21-25 th of Jan and I will give it a week then post me results here.