Anybody Using 24" T5 HO Bulbs?

DennisW

I have a brand new G-Man brand, 24", 24W, T-5 bulb. It is a blue plus bulb. I was looking to trade it for an actinic plus or simular bulb. This bulb is a little too white for how Im using it. I bought one blue plus bulb and one pure actinic bulb and on my fixture (1 x 150W HQI and 2 x 24W T-5) the contrast between the two bulbs is too much. I like the actinic look and would like another pure actinic or preferably an actinic plus. The bulb would have to be newer or atleast still have a good deal of life left.

Thanks

Dennis

Sounds like he has an Aquablue+ 15,000K from Giesemann for anyone curious about this. It's a great bulb.

Dennis, you should go see a local shop about this if you get no response here. I'm sure you could get swapped out. You should try UVL's Super Actinic. It looks cool with the Actinic+ you already have. It's also cheaper than your lamp, so you could probably just trade straight across with a shop.

Sam

Thanks Sam. I wasn't really sure that any shops would be in to that. I actually have kept a g-man true actinic bulb on the tank. So, what I would like is to trade the blue+ bulb for an actinic+ bulb. I think Waves is the only store that sells these types of bulbs and they are sooooooooo far away.

Dennis