Maxi Jet Sure Flow 1600 mod kit

wannabereefer

So the Sureflow kits rust up Miles? So do I need you to mod a couple for me :) Im gonna run a couple of those on the new tank till I can get a pair of Tunzes. I have LOTS of spare MJ parts to build like 6 :) LAter Ryan

Just the shaft rusts over time. The kits work great though. I am running 1 in my tank the other in my saltwater mixing tub. But after about 6 months i saw some rust spots.

.098" carbon fiber rod is what you want. Cut to length with a dremel and use in place of the stainless shaft and you are good to go!

I think I have some extra let me know when you get to that point Ryan.

So I should just order a couple kits and use everything else besides the shaft? What kit is the best? Sureflow, Ecosystem? Its seems to me the Sureflow is the best.

This one? $15 on MD!

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idProduct=AF1551&utm_source=mdhfl20080926b4&utm_medium=mdfl&utm_term=mdhflAlgaeFreeSureFlow160020080926b4Left&utm_content=mdhflb4Left&utm_campaign=mdhfl

No they are more than worth it for sure. Just keep an eye on the shaft is all. Maybe i got a couple in a bad batch who knows. But it will be some time before you really need to change out the shaft. Who knows you may never have to, its just one of those things - saltwater and metals do not play well together.

Definately go for the sureflow, they are great.

They don't rust but they actually degrade from the heat, they literally dissolve themselves. Metal shafts last me about 6 months, carbon on the other hand I have not had one go out yet. Much better to buy the cheap carbon shafts.

• 4 months later...
Nope. They are tough. Probably a cost issue. Just a guess though.

Hey Miles there is a guy on RC selling Titanium ones. He will sell enough rod to do 2 for $5 shipped. Seems like a decent deal. Also if I bought more it would be better. Interested?