Bulb Return-What's your opinion?

downhill_biker

WOW 120 is outrageous. Thats quite the profit margine!! 1000watters won't even set you back that much..... If it were me I would take it as a loss. I know you should get what you paid for, but is it really going to be worth the time, effort, and stress it takes to get a refund? You did get 2 working bulbs out of the deal correct? So its not a total loss. I have tried to dispute a chrage on my card from an ebay incident and it just ended up being way more trouble than it was worth. Not to mention time is money. I ended up winning, but by the end of it I was so fed up I decided to never by anything off ebay again. It took me 4 months to get $239 refund. It should have not even been an issue, but it was a similar situation. Seller blamed it on shipping company, Shipping company blamed it on seller. Basically I bought some 5 frags of micromussa, and the box showed up soaking wet.....box was wet corals weren't. Not one drop of water in any of the bags. I don't even know how that is possible, but it is. You would think in this situatuion I would have no problem getting a refund. I mean I recieved corals with no water in the bags, and no flesh on their skeletons. 4 months was a long time to wait, and in the end I was so sick of dealing with this and the stress from it that I didn't even care about the money anymore!!! Anyway sorry for my rant just my 2 cents.

dispute it he should be changing his shipping methods I would of second time around sorry your having to deal with this but hit your fellow sponsors up as I and others coulda probly hooked you up as I have drygood contacts even though I dont sell on my site as of yet but soon.And im sure we all would ship to you cheaply.

• Like 1

thanks guys. i submitted a claim through my credit card. they will send me a form that i have to fill out and send back along with all the pictures i have taken, the pictures of the packaging, which i still have, and all of the emails that i kept. i called and emailed the company to give them warning, but they have not contacted me back. i told them they had 48 hours to contact me before i took appropriate measures. the credit card said i had a pretty solid case, and that since he acknowledged the bad bulbs by sending me replacements, this should be pretty easy. i also have a written statement from the post office on the packaging saying that it was insufficiently packaged. looks like all its gonna take is some time. i wish i would have contacted one of the sponsors on this site, but most of you are pretty far away. of course, shipping from portland to eugene, or medford to eugene, probably isn't too much. i know i would've had better service from you guys.

i have 2 phoenix 14k bulbs that are from someone on RC, new but from a private person. i paid $100 shipped for the 2 bulbs. i think that was a great deal. he had them packaged and shipped by ups, and they have it insured since they packaged it at their store. so, got it covered for now, but when i order bulbs again, i will be hitting one of you up.

thanks again.

Luckily you learned this lesson fairly cheap. Even if these lamps would have come in in great shape, you would still have had sub-par lamps. You generally get what you pay for in this hobby, and those bulbs are notorious for being in-consistant.

I'm happy to hear you ended up with a set of Phoenix bulbs, those are MUCH better than the Chinese generic lamps from Ebay. I actually bought a few cases of them for testing... I was looking to import them and private label them. Out of every 10, at least 2 were defective. Out of the 8 that worked, 2 or 3 looked different than the rest. Needless to say, they didn't earn the SLS stamp.

Stick with the Europeans when it comes to lamps.... Well most things aquarium actually. (nothing wrong with the Phoenix bulbs though, they pair up nicely with your GALAXY!)

Luckily you learned this lesson fairly cheap. Even if these lamps would have come in in great shape, you would still have had sub-par lamps. You generally get what you pay for in this hobby, and those bulbs are notorious for being in-consistant.

I'm happy to hear you ended up with a set of Phoenix bulbs, those are MUCH better than the Chinese generic lamps from Ebay. I actually bought a few cases of them for testing... I was looking to import them and private label them. Out of every 10, at least 2 were defective. Out of the 8 that worked, 2 or 3 looked different than the rest. Needless to say, they didn't earn the SLS stamp.

Stick with the Europeans when it comes to lamps.... Well most things aquarium actually. (nothing wrong with the Phoenix bulbs though, they pair up nicely with your GALAXY!)

Thanks for the comment. I can't wait to see the galaxy power up those phoenix bulbs. I am glad I am finally done with these bulbs and this guy.

****He emailed me back today. He didn't sound to happy. I had left phone messages and emails through his website that told him I was in the middle of starting the chargeback process. He finally thought it was time to contact me. He said before he didn't think that my actions were appropriate so he didn't feel the need to contact me again. Wanna talk about great customer service?

He included things in his email like, "we should be questioning you and your intentions" "you have caused more problems than anyone we have ever met" "we cant seem to satisfy you"

Well, you can satisfy me, give me a product that works, and I am happy.

None the less they will be refunding my money. I have the return address and am shipping the bulbs out Monday. I can't believe that he intends to keep customers happy with an attitude like that. I guess he figures that I am no longer a customer, but I guess he doesn't think I talk to others about my purchases.

I would not recommend bulbs from this guy. If you are interested in knowing who this is, so you dont accidently buy from him, send me a PM. I would like to keep this as private as possible. In all honesty though, I would not recommend buying these cheap ebay bulbs. As you have seen in this thread, the quality control just isn't there, and these aren't even aquarium bulbs. It isn't worth the time and hassle, just buy them from your LFS, unless you live in Eugene, then go to Portland.(laugh)

"""the quality control just isn't there, and these aren't even aquarium bulbs."""

Mabey this is what has helped with my algae and cyano problems as of late. I know it has to be nutrience issues but I have read that old bulbs or wrong type of bulbs dont help either. I have his 12k 250 watt DE halides.

Jay

"""the quality control just isn't there, and these aren't even aquarium bulbs."""

Mabey this is what has helped with my algae and cyano problems as of late. I know it has to be nutrience issues but I have read that old bulbs or wrong type of bulbs dont help either. I have his 12k 250 watt DE halides.

Jay

That's what I had the 12k bulbs. Hope yours work well. Good luck. And congrats on the anemone splitting.