Leonard

hello, I just joined on 9/12 /08. I have been in the hobby for about 3 years now. as it goes I am struggling back and forth about getting out completely or downsizing. I wish I would have made an effort to join while everything was going good. I have a 120 gal acrylic tank in my living room with a hickory wood stand/canopy that I bought from Upscales about a year and a half ago. I intended to imitate their sps display tanks. I finally got things right for sps and had some doing well this spring but didn't invest in a chiller. one of the first hot days happened when I was at work and didn't think about turning the house air cond. on. I had a small whipeout- lost some sps and fish. The tank has recovered now mostly lps /clams/rose anemones. the tank has anout a 25 gal acrylic gravity fed refusium on top of the canopy which is cool to get on a stool and watch all the worms/ pods and things in the sand bed. (I use reading glasses). I have two other tanks in the house- maybe I'll describe later. I have always wanted to see other peoples tanks and knew of pnwmas but never got around to pursuing it. This is a new experience for me, I just got used to e-mail this year so here goes.

Welcome Leonard! Glad you finally decided to stop by and say hi! Before you do anything rash with taking down your tank, try to make it to the meeting this month. Every time I see someones tank, I get inspired to make mine better.

It seems that everyone wants to change. People with small tanks want bigger. People with big tanks want smaller. It is the constant back and forth that keeps the classified section open.

Keep what you have, and make it the best that you can. :) Be happy with it.

dsoz