MACNA XX

Rob Allen

Here are some pictures from MACNA in Atanta. I will post a lot more, but doing this via my phone, so it is a little slower than I am used to.

Anthony Calfo doing a small frag workshop.

AnthonyCalfo.JPG

A small Deltec skimmer in action.

DeltecSkimmer.JPG

Here is Eric speaking of a grave problem with wild caught Bangaii. His emotional speech shows a drastic problem that I will address with more detail in another thread. What it comes down to is stop purchasing wild caught Bangaii Cardinals. Pursue finding and paying an extra couple dollars on captive raised Bangaii. The extinction of this species could have a profound impact on our hobby. Again, more to come.

EricBorneman_Bangaii.JPG

Matt Wittenrich speaking of breeding marine fishes and his current successes with Green and Spotted Mandarins.

MattWittenrich_BreedingMandarin.JPG

Where is next years MACNA?

MACNA_XXI_AtlanticCity.JPG

Much more about the conference and more pictures to follow.

That is an excellent point. A Portland MACNA would be great and should happen. Portland is a perfect city for such an event, close airport, plenty of lodging and lots of locations to house such an event. I have plenty of friends that would consultant with us that have run successful MACNA's in the past. I am on the MASNA board this year and hope to learn a lot more about the organization and do my best to help it become more cohesive with local societies. MACNA is a lot of planning, preparation, but takes the society to the next level and allows financial independence.

That is an excellent point. A Portland MACNA would be great and should happen. Portland is a perfect city for such an event' date=' close airport, plenty of lodging and lots of locations to house such an event. I have plenty of friends that would consultant with us that have run successful MACNA's in the past. I am on the MASNA board this year and hope to learn a lot more about the organization and do my best to help it become more cohesive with local societies. MACNA is a lot of planning, preparation, but takes the society to the next level and allows financial independence.[/quote']

We will need to discuss this further. Other Marine Aquarium Societies here in the Pacific NW are interested in working together on this!

We are trying to finalize the September PNWMAS meeting right now. I looks like it will be on Sunday the 28th this month, as we did not get a reply to verify our regularly scheduled meeting on an earlier date.

We should have the info posted sometime tomorrow and Evites sent sent out too.

We are trying to finalize the September PNWMAS meeting right now. I looks like it will be on Sunday the 28th this month, as we did not get a reply to verify our regularly scheduled meeting on an earlier date.

Oh that's to bad I was hoping it would be when we were there. Next time thumbsup.gif

MACNA was a good show and the highlight for me was Matt Wittenrich donated a few baby green mandarins to MOFIB that came from my male that we had given him. They are doing well and are eating prepared foods. jump.gif

Eric Borneman gave a very moving speech about the Wild Banggai Cardinalfish that Matt has posted about here http://microcosmaqx.typepad.com/matt_wittenrich/ Rob is also working with Eric on this to spread the word.

Not sure if Rob posted about this but I'd like to take a moment and brag about him for a second...He was elected to the Board of Directors of MASNA for Webmaster that he is co-chairing. I'm very proud of him hug.gif

post-3184-141867740215_thumb.jpg

Oh that's to bad I was hoping it would be when we were there. Next time thumbsup.gif

Carolyn,

We moved the meeting ahead to the 28th because of the SOLV Beach Cleanup on the 20th, but we will be hopefully seeing you and Rob on Sunday the 21st at our "Meet & Greet" in Tigard! I sent him a PM with directions.

Congratulations Rob on being elected to the MASNA BOD!

I guess we'll see you in another week or so.

John