Metal Halide or High output T5 or Both

mrgreenthumb

I do not own a good camera nor do I have skills in that area. You should just come by and see it if you want to.... It's not RC tank of the month material, but I think you'd approve.

BTW, I'm not running full zeovit anymore. It is so [language filter] complicated, I gave up on it. I'm not cut out for it at the moment. I got to a point where I either needed to spend 500 bucks to automate the system or just ditch it. It's hard to dose twice daily with my work schedule.. I dose some zeo stuff still, but I'm not full on like I was. The tank is still doing well though.

I'm still curious to see a nice LED tank. If anyone has seen one of those, let me know, lol. (I'm convinced they don't exist)

Sam

I would love to come see your tank somtime! I'm no judge of tanks or anything, i just like to look at them and the paths people take to make their tanks look the way they do. I here you on the zeo, if anything it helps just beacuse you are forced to check your parameters more often in order to keep up on your doses, i think that is half of the reason for the great success of zeo tanks!

Yea as far as led goes....i hear they are nothing to write home about. A friend of mine on the east coast had one for about 3 months and ditched it beacaes he was not getting any light penetration past 6 inches. Seems its one of those things that still needs a couple of years of research and development. Thats just my opinion, and what ive read and heard. It would be nice to see one lit by led with some growth shots, if there was any growth, and also some shots of the same coral at different depths over a couple month period. Its alot of money to fork out for something that is not tried and true thats for sure, sort of like when i bought my hd dvd player that is now completely worthless and obsoulete(flame)(flame).

wow look how fast those ducans grow. I insist you break up that beautiful softball of duncans and give me a piece so I can have my own softball (plotting) I wish mine would grow like that.....mine just branch....wierd

Look at the green leather(rock2) Behind the clam in the second pic and behind the duncan in the first. I can not believe how fast it has grown.

Greenthumb-

I agree with you on why zeo works is due to the fact that it forces discipline.

To run zeo you need good lighting, a calcium reactor, strong flow, and (very close to) natual sea water parameters..

I'm pretty sure if you did the above your tank would be successful anyway. The dosing and pumping helps clarity though, which is probably why my T5's were able to grow corals at the rate they have. You should see how clear the water becomes when you're on the zeo system.

Sam

Interesting in the wild the water is never that clear there is always particulate matter, even when i was diving in fiji where some of our corals come from there was always a green tinge to the water. i guess having super clear water does let more light in, but in nature it's not that clean