New Pics! Before/After + mandarin

mrjoshua82

Here are a couple pics of my 12g nano from bare bones to its completion, which I am soooo proud of:-) Also threw in a pic of my semi-new mandarin. And, before anybody freaks out about an insufficient pod population to keep a mandarin, he eats frozen prepared foods and is fat and happy. Also, I have a pod culture tank that I have set up to suppliment his frozen food diet with live copepods. Anyway, let me know what you think!?

post-2731-141867771981_thumb.jpg

post-2731-141867771984_thumb.jpg

post-2731-141867771991_thumb.jpg

post-2731-141867771995_thumb.jpg

post-2731-141867771999_thumb.jpg

typical clownfish...give them a RBTA and they will cuddle up to a frogspawn:p Looks nice! How long have you had this going? Did you do any kind of HOB fuge mod? If not the AC70 fuge conversion would probably replace your pod tank.

What are the little purple things in the middle down front by the green striped shrooms? From the pic they look kinda like grapes...are they sponges?

Yes, the clowns' main residence is the frogspawn but recently they have been exploring the bta. Frogspawn has more living space:-) Yes, that is a pink/purple sponge in front of the mushrooms. It just kind of showed up out of nowhere and is growing like a weed now.

Tank is about 8 months old and doing grrrreat. I don't have any kind of fuge modification on it but I have given it some thought. Is the AC70 a pretty simple install? I wouldn't be opposed to it, especially for some additional pod production for the mandarin.

Thanks for the compliment!

-josh

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=601201

There ya go mate:) Step-by-step instructions with pictures to boot! I was about to do it myself, but i've got pods by the bucket load in the tank already and I actually think I want to run the water a little more nutrient rich for my softies so decided against doing macro algae at the present time.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~action~view~idProduct~ES53122~idCategory~FILTFIPCNI~category~9in_Units-Power_Compact-Fixtures-Lighting-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~.html

^ is a pretty good light for the AC70 if you dont want to put together something yourself. If I ever did this mod I would paint the back of the tank black and run the light on the AC70 at night or 24hrs/day depending on how well the macro grows.

Are those sponges reproducing at all or do you just have a couple of them? If you ever want to part with them let me know...for some strange reason I like odd little things like that:p