neat testing on bulbs and ballasts

snowpunk

Found this site while looking around trying to choose which level(10k, 14k, 20k)bulb was best for me with my newly purchased 400w PFO ballast. Thanks again CCR, I posted this mostly because we were talking about bulb testing and such. Pretty neat to see the results, hope it interests all of ya.

It still has not helped me to choose what I am going to get so while your here help me out in choosing. I am running a 175w now so anything is gonna be a shock for the tank at first. What do you think... :confused:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/feb2004/feature2.htm

(rock2)WOW just what we where talking about. And charted!!!!!!! (nutty)This should be of interest to all. GEEEEE I wonder If I should start a thread of all these great links by everyone. Then we could break them down into catigories and. Oh yea tried that.DOH!

Anyway, I still like the 15K and 20K XM The 20's are a little hard to get right now but I have some feelers out I really like that link you found.(clap)

Now, the 15's is what I ran for severall years. Just before the move I put in 20K and I was sold. I really think if you could see them, maby call a couple of the LSF if they don't chime in. And see if they have some 15 and 20k running. Patric may have some different ones running.

Stop by Upscales and look at thier tanks Travis is running XM 20 on all his tanks. I was having trouble with the last bulbs I bought online plus the same bulbs were giving off different color. I went thru my old blubs to find one I liked and where I had bought it. I called Travie to see if he had the bulbs I wanted, I know he had been doing alot of research on lighting a few times when I stopped in.

They have the XM's in stock, I probly paid a few dollars more but I think its worth it not only for his time but if I have a problem with a bulb I know where to go.