acrylic polishing

Gunner52

ok i just bought a used acrylic tank and it has a few scratches really fine surface scratches should be no problem to buff out. but i was wondering if its ok to buff the inside of the tank just dont want any chance of the buffing compound absorbing into the acrylic or anything and coming back later to take its toll on my live stock.

You can definately buff the inside of the tank. I had to "refinish" the entire inside of my tank using the acrylic polishing kit. Afterwards I rinsed with clear water and things have been ok. I also used it once the tank was up and full....after a neighborhood kid laid a huge scratch in the front with the mag float!

I used the kit, removed the scratch, and all of the inhabitants were fine! Have fun....I know I developed some muscles buffing out my tank!

Kris

Guest Moderator2

Novus... thats the stuff, works great on alot of things, like motorcycle headlamps and all sorts of things! Watch out it can be addicting, make sure you clean the tank well after your done, never know what chemicals are in there, just to be safe. For the most part its just an ultra fine buffer but they have been know to have polishing polymers and such, clean with vinegar!