Hawaii's MArine fish prices are pretty good :)

jm82792

So I'm dead sure I'm going to Hawaii,but thats another subject though.

So heres a site/store that will be an hour from(Kona) where I'll be in Hawaii.

http://hawaiisaltwaterfish.com/

Those prices seem pretty good,I haven't had luck calling them

(answering machine) but I'm sure they're still there.

My plan since I'll(with 5 siblings (scary) ) be in at a friends vacant house for awhile then another friend's vacant place so tank wise I'll be doing a 5 gallon with a 5 gallon bucket sump,I'll use tempered glass and I'll drill it (I know not easy). I'll probably keep some inverts(shrimp,feather dusters whatver) and a super small goby. And when we(parents) buy a house(when the Oregon place sells) I'll go out for a large FOWLER and freshwater planted tank.

It is not difficult to drill tempered glass, it is impossible. Do not even try it. Some glass shops can do it, but they have a special procedure that they follow.

Good luck, and I wish you the best. Since the internet gets to Hawaii, don't forget us poor people back here on the big island. :)

dsoz

If it is untempered, then it is not hard to drill. I have drilled several holes. The first one I did was on an old busted tank so I could practice. Then I moved on to a new 75g tank (nothing like throwing away $120 if you mess up)... Now making holes in a tank that used to hold water is no problem.

If you are going to hole a 5g, you may want to double up the glass on the bottom for extra strength. Otherwise the hole may cause the bottom to fail. Just have another piece of glass the same size as the bottom, and silicone it to the bottom. Drill holes through both pieces at the same time.

dsoz