NEW CORALS AND UPDATES

downhill_biker

well as many of you know i had a tank crash last week and lost most of my SPS corals among other things, but i was able to save my clams, anemones, and many corals, and today i purchased an acan lord, a nice acro colony, and a new CUC as the old one is dead.

here are some pics of the new corals, as well as update pics of the clam, as you can see it is coloring up nicely.

PNWMAS002.jpg

PNWMAS006.jpg

PNWMAS009.jpg

old pic of clam:

oregoncoasttrip097.jpg

now:

PNWMAS012.jpg

Dang, headlong into the breach! ;)

Glad you're getting back onto the horse. nice pix too.

not sure what you mean by headlong into the breach, but maybe you can explain that to me.

yeah, i didn't really have a choice, corals and reefkeeping is such a HUGE part of my life, and i love every minute of it, and trust me there are a lot of minutes.

i just saw these corals and decided to jump. water quality is great, and all corals that survived are rapidly going back to the "good" end of the spectrum.

was able to save, frogspawn, torch, cabbage leather, orange and purple capricornus, both anemones, both clams, galaxia, pipe organ, green slimer, orange milli, and a few others.

Hey Curtis,

Nice pic's, but I must say tonight they looked better in person. Things always look better in person with the peepers. Great looking clams, I am happy that you found that beauty, it sure shows nice. I guess I need to get me a few this fall.

Thanks for coming to the Meet and Greet and for allowing us to view your tank.

I look for to are next one, it won't be long.

Kevin

well the tank crash was all my fault...and well, i guess it wont happen again.

the tank crashed last weekend due to a mistake of mine. i had been trying to get ca and alk up and doing 2x kalk doses a day, and the pH rose to 8.8-9.0 and i dropped it using vinegar. the vinegar gave a huge dose of carbon and i had a bacterial bloom, resulting in an anaerobic environment. the pH shock followed by the lack of oxygen took many of my corals. all parameters were great, and every day since they have been perfect.