Trying to figure out what to stock my tank with

jm82792

Well,I was thinking a clown pair,I'd get the smallest and the biggest false perc clowns they had then maybe add something else. But then I though"gobies are cool and small" . Then I though maybe some other sort of fish like an eventual 6 line or royal gramma. My question is could I have one false perc clown then like 2-3 small fish(or maybe 2 larger fish like a 6 line,clown and goby). Would the clown get "lonely" or would prefer a friend ? If I can only have one then I can get more diversity,not worry about clown fight and so on..

I am going to tour my LFS with a notepad and write down what he has for fish(I know more about corals)

then post back here. I won't be stocking for awhile since I need cheato,when my nitrates are down I'm going

to order snails from reef cleaners. Then later finally fish & corals.

Theoretically I will have fish & coral this July like the 14 or so (clap)

I would avoid the 6-line in a nano. They are territorial, and will pick on anything that is "newer". If it is the last thing that you add, then you may get away with it. Also royal grammas are mean in a small tank, as over on NR. :) There is an official royal gramma hate club going on over there.

There is no reason you can not have three fish if you can keep up on your water quality (water change, don't feed too much, good CUC, etc). I think that once you get into it, it will be less about the fish, and more about the corals. At least that is what I experienced. A couple of fish to keep it interesting, but the corals make the tank.

Don't stress so much, just get a list of some things that you like, then research the compatibility. As long as it looks good to you, and you are meeting the needs of your animals, then you are doing fine.

dsoz