Brand new nano

theJenchild

lol.

I can't wait to see this thing stocked with corals. My first tank was a 10 gallon. The nice (bad?) thing about small tanks is that they fill up FAST! Good luck with the light swap. Just go slow and it'll work out. :)

lol.

I can't wait to see this thing stocked with corals. My first tank was a 10 gallon. The nice (bad?) thing about small tanks is that they fill up FAST! Good luck with the light swap. Just go slow and it'll work out. :)

And that is the logic behind "there's always another tank...." There's always more space......just gotta set up another spot! hehe

I'm planning to take things really slow with this set-up. I currently have just the one mushroom, some yellow colony polyps, and a hermit crab in there. I think I'm going to add 2 more hermits and some snails this week, then let everything settle out for a few weeks. I really want some zoas and a ricordea next. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well I haven't updated this in a while, so here's the scoop.

I recently did an overhaul on this tank. Lol. So much for the all in one! I took the plastic compartments out of the back of the tank, and rigged it up to a 7 gallon sump that's packed with live rock, and added an auto-top off. I've decided that I want to keep SPS in this tank, so I definitely needed more stable water conditions than would be possible without the auto top off and sump. I am about to head to Cali on vacation, but when I return I will be really starting to add more corals! Currently I have yellow colony polyps, green ricordea florida, a pink ricordea florida, an orange ricordea yuma, and a purple mushroom. Everything seems really healthy, and the mushroom/colony polyps are starting to split! Woohoo! When I return I plan to get a few different types of zoas, xenia, and a green/blue striped mushroom. Any other suggestions?

• 10 months later...
(party)You're closing in on your one-year anniversary Jen. Congrats!

Woo hoo! That means lots of coral presents right? (whistle)

Hehe, Its been a learning experience. Things are a little topsy turvy in the tank right now, but its ok. I decided that I was going to play with the scaping, and I messed it up. So now I'm just trying to put it all back! LOL