Miniwhinny's Deep Sea Adventure

Miniwhinny

I'd try the 'shrooms but the smell puts me off (laugh)

From everything I've read and been told Lions are reef safe. They're not small invert or small fish safe though! Right just now my clown and lion are the same size. I'm thinking that because my clown is a maroon they should stay about the same size. They're getting along really well just now...could be that cozy-up stage right before the buffet opens ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mini' date=' very very out of the box idea on your pvc tubing. I'm impressed![/quote']

Thank you Nyles :D I'm eager to get the ph "plugged" in especially now it's BB...just gotta stop spending my money on other things ...like Lionfish lol ! I'll make sure to update on the flow when I do.

I like the PVC how it came out as well. I had been kicking around that idea for some time but didnt have a tank to try it out on when I suggested it to you. now I am on the hunt for a 100 gal acrylic cube to do the same...lol

Oh I can't wait to see how you do it (clap) Make sure you post pics Mr C.

I found a couple of threads of people who built towers and drilled holes in the rocks and threaded them on but the tower was a sinlge pipe. I really like having the "arms" coming off. It makes attaching rocks easier. It gives you more places to place corals and what I'm really eager for ... when I finally get it done... is how it's going to allow multiple flow areas when I plug in a ph.

• 2 weeks later...

That is genius! I have to say I'm impressed by how it looks. When I first saw the pvc christmas tree I was like.. uhoh. But I love it. :) You're actually making me reconsider a 40breeder and look for a 57 so I can do dual columns.

wow, thank you ! Just took Mr. C's idea and elaborated. I haven't hooked up a powerhead yet...been a busy summer...but I did attach it really quickly over the weekend during a routine clean...it was awesome...you could see flow coming out of every hole in the PVC "arms".

I know you'll be happy if you do the same thing. I'd do it again :D.