Losing all my greens

drock59

In the past six months or so I have seen nearly all of my green corals die or look like crap. Everything else is doing great and growing like a weed. List of victims:

1. Green slimer-lost a huge colony for no aparent reason. Smaller colony not looking so good now.

2. Green purple rimmed cap-died way back and now seems to be on the mend, but no purple rim anymore.

3. Unknown neon-green-polyp digita from Advanced- SLOWLY disintegrating.

Not a long list,but some of my favorites. All of my levels have been checked and rechecked with other test kits. TDS has been checked. Salt changed and re-changed. Any insights are appreciated.

....didn't you change bulbs recently? My purple rim cap used to lose its purple from too much light ... 12 inches from light.( Radium/helios on 400hqi ballast) bleachin out? How's the temp...if it was high ...my cap would lose color.....phosphates?

Lights are just a few months old. XM 20k 250

Its not so much bleaching of the cap, its just not growing fast and does not have its purple rim anymore.

Temp is 77-79

Last time I checked phosphates they were 0 at Waves. That was a while ago, but nothing has changed in my system and I recently changed the reactor media.

Anybody have a potassium test kit they could recommend?

The only test kit I've used is the KZ Kalium test. It's hard to read.

If you're CA/ALK/MAG/PH/SG are all in check, and you're phosphate free, it's very likely that low Potassium is the cause of this issue. I would get some K+ and start dosing it right away. I like the Warner Marine stuff. K-Balance (normal or strong) works too if you can get it.

Actually, seeing that you're in Corvallis, contact Uhuru. Not sure if he's still around, but that might be your best bet to get a test kit and/or the potassium supplements.

Out of curiousity, what salt are u using?