Craigslist

Jay

I have never seen so many aquariums for sale on craigslist. I check there for corals and livestock occationally. I have heard that with the fuel prices many people are selling their possesions. Ive been looking for a newer 40 plus inch HDTV for sometime and I think Ive got one from craigslist.

Here is the craigslist link. Thought I would post it so you all can see the aquarium stuff for sale.

http://portland.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=aquarium&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Jay

Yeah, I think oil prices are gonna leave a big mark. Gasoline, heating oil, food, plastics... everything is going to be affected. I'm already changing my habits by driving a lot less, cutting out a bunch of small luxury expenses, fewer restaurant trips, etc. I might even start biking to work, which is truly astonishing.

IF you are able to limit the amount you drive then it will help you out a lot. My wife and I combined drive less then 5000 miles a year. Doing your 3 month oil changes after only driving 400 miles can seem like a rip off though and the attendants will mock you. True story.

Oh cmon I enjoy paying 4.75 a gallon for dieselDOH! Pretty sad when it is the crap fuel that it is. And at the rate it is going up everything will increase in price. Almost everything is delivered by trucks so you figure it out(scary)

I'm concerned about the hobby too; with the increase in fuel costs and limitations on wildlife collection, livestock prices could go through the roof. Dry goods could get hammered on shipping costs too. Hopefully, electricity stays affordable. Depressing.

I'm concerned about the hobby too; with the increase in fuel costs and limitations on wildlife collection' date=' livestock prices could go through the roof. Dry goods could get hammered on shipping costs too. Hopefully, electricity stays affordable. Depressing.[/quote']

It's not looking good. Freight costs have already gone way up, and it's getting worse every day. I call on stores all over the country, it seems like everyone is hurting. The first thing people drop when money is tight are hobbies.... Hence all the crap on Craigslist lately. People are selling off possesions like crazy.

As hobbyists and members of the club, we really need to support the local stores during these tough times. We are lucky to live where there are so many good fish stores. Let's do our part to keep them around!

Im hoping to capitalise on someone selling their highdef tv on craigslist. Someone elses money problems may just have a positive impact on my persuit of a affordable hidef TV ....BIG GRIN>>>!!! : P

Jay