Camera Advise

drock59

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding full tank shots, I usually try to take them head-on. That way you can easily crop out the non-tank parts, and your perspective doesn't end up weird.

Your images are looking really good. Have you tried any post-processing? Bumping your levels, sharpening up the images a bit, etc?

Well thanks for the complements. I have a trial version of photoshop, I just dont know exactly what to do with it. :)

I think at this point I am going to try and figure out how to take good pictures then worry about photoshop stuff later.

Thanks for all the help. Ill post more pictures as they become available.

A little more help here. I am trying to do a couple of things with GIMP and I cant manage to figure it out.

1. Is there a way to blend several photos together in order to make a panorama type photo?

2. Secondly, I have run into a couple of situations in which I would like to use different exposures on for the exact same shot in order to capture details in various areas of the frame. I would very much like to be able to merge the two shots and come up with some type of composite. Is this possible? Any help appreciated.

I haven't done much with panoramas, but there's software specifically available to do it -- try googling "photo stitching"

Combining two nearly identical photos to leverage different exposures is called "compositing" There are tutorials out on the web.