Help, is this Aiptasia

markdadof2

YESS. Agreed.

Kalk also works. Someone on this forum has also used cynoacrylic glue. Do NOT try to pull them off. They like it too much (babies).

Lemon juice didn't work very well for me.

They can take over a tank. Sometimes it is just an ongoing task. I kill mine about once every 6 weeks, or so. There is usually one that I can't get to or was too small to see.

Nice photo!

I can't see the pic.

While some favor a blow torch I use a bic lighter on mine. I just pull the rock, torch it for 30 seconds or so and put it back in.

I have used kalk paste in the past with good succsess. I have used Joe's Juice which IMO is pretty much the same thing (not chemically but effectiveness wise. I tried lemon juice but you really have to put the syringe in the aiptasia's mouth and squirt to have any kill power, which is harder to do cuz the aip's close up.

JME.

I keep a few peppermints in all of my tanks (6 in the 65g and 4 in the 30g) and they do pretty well with keeping the smaller ones in check IME. My pep's are well fed with the other foods in the system so they don't go after the larger aiptaisa for me. Lazy shrimps.