A Few Photos

DChemist

Nice to see the comeback after your bout with monti-eating-nudis.

Great pictures! I love the purple plate :)

dsoz

Thank you... It doesn't feel like much of a comeback yet. I'm ashamed to admit I pretty much killed everything in the tank including the flatworms and nudis through frustration and poor husbandry. It's more of a mulligan.

This time I'm trying to be less impulsive in my critter selection. I really love the heliofungia- it's been on my 'wish list' for at least a year. The original plan was to have it and a couple of little fish in a 12 inch cube at work. But this rebuild allowed me to do it at home.

I need to publicly thank Isaac at Seahorse- I told him that I was looking for a colorful heliofungia and he found one almost immediately and held it for me. I spent more than I normally would (I tend to buy tiny frags) but it looks very good and I think I actually got alot of bang for my buck.

I'm still working on my critter list if anyone has suggestions. What's not pictured is a pink skunk clownfish and some tiny blue clove polyps.

Saaawwweeeeet.....very nice camera. What is it? Its time I get a new camera. Whats the best one of the novice camera user? One that I can also use at the kids games?

Jay

Thank you also. The camera is a Pentax K10D- I think it is a good value for a entry level DSLR. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for a novice user. My wife thinks it's overly complicated compared to a Rebel XTi (she's used both our Pentax and my neices Rebel). The Pentax lenses are very affordable, IMO, compared to Canon or Nikon.

I think I'd recommend a less expensive point and shoot camera for a novice. My wife and I started on a Konica Minolta DImage(10x lens, 6 MP, etc.) and I thought it was a great way to learn camera basics. Feel free to check out my photos on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8697511@N05/), I've got photos from both cameras.