Problems

spectra

Who knowsDOH!

Have checked everything and all is good. Dipped the corals and no bugs(clap)

Some are polyping a little and others are not so just going to let it go and see what happens. I told Impure am just going to stick with what grows(laugh) Montis are doing great and polyped out all the time they are encrusting over the rocks so I know they are at least happy. Will forgo the few sps I have if I have to but would like to keep everything. Am getting things togehter for another cube tank so hopefully can get this one right and grow everything(whistle)

Does anyone you know have a hanna phosphate tester(low range) found out I had high phosphates after I got one salifert showed it was fine.

Not sure what that is but I take my water to Waves and have it tested for phosphates. They put it in some machine and it reads it not a salifert test as far as I know. Will see what it is this weekend if I swing by there.

I thought clown gobies were known to nip at the smaller polyps of sps corals.

If so I have never watched them touch the sps yet. They just like to sit in them and watch the other fish swim by. But like I said am just going to run with what I have and see how it works out. Am getting tired of banging my head against a wall trying to figure it out.

• 1 month later...

Well time for an update. Evicted the little suckers(rock2) One ended up disapearing but the other one is living fine in my sons nano. But as for the corals things seem to be getting back to normal. Corals are starting to polyp out again and they are actually growing. Also hooked up a calcium reactor and things are staying in check pretty well.

Ok so I am new here but as I read this thread it occured to me that it could just be light shock from changing from t-5's to halides as everything was fine until....

IF !!! thats the case then any healthy but un attractive brown acro's may change color in a few months and you may not be able to do anything about it at all. Time will tell that !!!

:-)

Paul

Actually most of the corals really liked the change from the T5s to the MH. I had no brown outs but did have some fish that loved to nip polyps. My stag colored up so nice then the polyps disapeared when the fish came inDOH! But they are gone now and polyps are once again coming out(clap)

I'm Glad to hear all is well !

Your first post said "Also have had a few frags brown out on me" Thats why I thought as I did !

I also have a clown gony that may end up in another nano some day for similar reasons ( bit's the tips off--but then they start to grow where he bit them so far .)

:-)

Paul

Sorry about that partDOH! I did have a few but think there were other things going on with parameters also. But everything is checking out great now and even my orange monticap that got knocked over on to the Duncans(flame) Is starting to grow over the dead spot that was created.