Pesky Tube Worms

defigart

Ok, I will admit it, I like them. I think they are kinda cute. But like many things that are cute, to many become less cute, and more of a pest.

So what biological means can I use to cut down there population. If I estimate how many I have, I would say between 300 and 400.

I would prefer a fish, but other biological means will be considered.

No clams definitely.... And I found out recently the hard way that they have a likin for sea lettuce nudibranchs.....some pick at stuff some dont .....I would use it for the job intended and then remove if worried it won't start to pick if it does until its out of worms to eat. They love aiptasia :-).... hth

Doran,

I have a racoon faced butterfly that wiped out my little feather pests in about 2 days flat. Believe me I had thousands. The only bad part is that now he is also wiping out all mushrooms, zoas, and lps in my tank!!! I have never heard of this problem, and I may have just a little meany on my hands but be careful. Now I cant get the bastard out of the tank!

Garrett

I don't know how much coral u have in there, but u might consider pulling out a couple of rocks at a time . And have the copperband pick the rocks clean in a different tank set up for it.....just and idea... That's what I do with my aiptasia in my clowfish/ anemone tanks .. I pull out rock and plants and place in fowlr tank where mr.copperband's Cleanin service reside....... Then return rocks. ......outsourcing :-)

Ok, well I bought a Copperband today. He immediately decided that Blue Xenia was his favorite food. I removed that from the tank, and now he is attempting to eat the feather dusters, but hasn't quite figured out how to catch them before they go into there hole.

• 2 weeks later...