28 Nano Cube HQI

Zephyr

Cut my filter basket down to 1 1/6" thickness, put it back to back with my 9002 Tunze Skimmer and slid it into the middle pocket behind my hood, with out cutting the hood. I would like to go as natural as possible. I was reading one of the threads on here said you could run a reef without a skimmer. So I don't know what I'm doing yet. Maybe I should get rid of the skimmer and build a bigger filter basket. I've got an Artic Chiller. I've got five 10" filters that I want to tap water through out of a bucket in a loop or keep recirculating till the water is clean, instead of buying an R.O. Haven't figured out what type of filter cartriges to use yet. Got a Saltwater mixing kit. Still trying to read up on all this stuff.:eek:

congrats, and welcome to the club.

Filtered water is not the same as RO/DI water. You will still have dissolved ions in the water. RO will remove the ions.

Skimmers are desired for many reasons, but you can run a good tank without one.

Have you looked at www.nano-reef.com ? It is a large forum especially for people with tanks less than 30 gallons. THere are a lot of people there that have the 28g HQI, and they have all sorts of advice on how to modify it to make it better.

Again, good luck to you, and happy reefing.

dsoz