Mimic Tang - On the mend or ???

Hi,

Got a young Mimic and after a week it started showing signs of HLLE.   I decided to quarantine and medicate as the HLLE area began looking torn up.   All I had at the time was some Cupramine, so used as directed for appropriate time, did a large water change and proceeded with some API General Cure as an area had turned into something more akin to hole in the head.  Again, later another large water change and moved on to Melafix for a week.  All during this performed a great deal of hand feeding with herbivore enriched foods. 

Now, a month into this, the very upper and lower areas of the HLLE affected tissue shows healing and return to yellow tissue.  However, as you can see, a sac has developed over the eye which I feel is some sort of mucus sac with some occluded tissue inside. 

Is this sac a normal healing thing like a scab on a person?   Do I call in hospice?   The mimic is still eating. 

Thank you for your time!

20240403_153928(0).jpg

20240403_153928.jpg

20240403_154410.jpg

20240403_154429.jpg

20240427_121259.jpg

20240427_121309.jpg

20240427_121313.jpg

20240427_121314.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, thank you. I drained and cleaned up the bulging sack area. There was some blood and some white matter. It did not go great, did not go bad, just my first time doing so. Had aerated methylene bath ready for a 30 min dip. However, tang appeared to be tumbling in the bath instead of swimming so after 8 mins I removed it. Turned out it was swimming in very tight and rapid concentric circles away from the wound. I assume this has been a reaction to pain. As dip was short, I put methylene blue into QT at 50% dip dosage. Circle swimming went on overnight. Got somewhat better the next day and got the tang to eat a little. However, now second day in it is swimming in tight circles again. I am uncertain about next steps as I believe the circle swimming to still be pain. It is actively trying to rub the wound on whatever but the QT has nothing to do that on to speak of. What appeared to be a “infected” bulging sack that the suggestion was made regarding, is rapidly returning. I am not so sure if it was infection or simply a fish version of a scab over a wound. I am contemplating a large water change to remove the methylene blue so as to, instead of a 10 day course of the blue, move to KanaPlex. I purchased a kit of KanaPlex, Focus, MetroPlex and Garlic Guard. However, this would be my first time using those. All I can do is read the instructions and consider what method to go here. I am pretty certain if I cannot bring some relief to the tang relatively soon, it will run itself into the ground spinning in circles.