Alkalinity Test Strips

ShoeCrew

Does anyone know a good test strip for measuring alkalinity that works accurate enough for reef tanks? 

I would like to setup a doser for my frag tank but I know that I won’t do titration tests regularly and it will be dangerous to dose without checking. 

I've used API and Aquavital to do the same thing. Not as accurate as titration but for the ease of convenience and # ranges provided it does a good job of letting you know what your doser is up to. 

Got some JNW strips from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. No complaints on Alk consistency but I mainly use it to see if detectable nitrite messes with nitrate testing on Hannah. 

Well they all have the same +/- 2.4dkh variance but I've been personally leaning towards JNW because it is readily available and the color palette is better than API. Aquavital is good but supply is not consistent yet they are very forthcoming about what goes into their products. 

I like test strips but it can be hard to tell if you are high or low in the range based on color. But since it provides ph I can more or less discern what is happening. 

*bought API strips on Amazon and they were expired*