putty for mounting LR and frags?

mister crabs

I use a combo of the Aquamend putty and super glue gel, I first mix a small amount of the putty together then put some superglue on the putty and stick it around the frag, then I put more superglue on the bottom of the putty and push it into the rock or hole the I want it. The putty takes around 24hrs to harden but the superglue sets up fast, so the combo works great to hold everything together right away.

You can also get it cheap in a .7 ounce tube at your local hobby supply store for around $6. I think the small ones are .07? Problem with the bigger tube is it makes me feel like I can use more since it's there :). Someone told me to use water on the tip to clean before putting the cap back on, but I use spit and it hasn't clogged up yet. Usually ended up poking holes in the tubes in subsequent uses.

I use a combo of the Aquamend putty and super glue gel' date=' I first mix a small amount of the putty together then put some superglue on the putty and stick it around the frag, then I put more superglue on the bottom of the putty and push it into the rock or hole the I want it. The putty takes around 24hrs to harden but the superglue sets up fast, so the combo works great to hold everything together right away.[/quote']

that's exactly what I do, works great even big turbo snails can climb all over my frags

Ya I usually just go and get 10 things of super glue gel from dollar store, last a long time. I do not use the plastic tips, its just wasted glue that gets in there, they work great without the tips, when I want to re-use just peel off the dried glue and re-use. I would recommend the aqua mend for doing aquascaping but thats about all I use it for, oh and emergency tank leaks it works like a champ.