Aqua Pod

spectra

what are you looking to do to it? you can add a locline split return and upgrade the stock return pump to a mj1200. ditch any bioballs or such that comes with it and make a mini fuge in the back chamber. lots of possibilities

Yes basicaly just the normal mods people do have seen to change to a 900 I only have a 12 gal. Also ditch everything and put some LR in the back and also a heater. Only now things migth change again and have to find one with the HQI I did not want one due to an open top. I like the closed top as for less evaporation in his room. But after rading a few things this might not work out for what he wants to do. All he is looking at keeping in it is a his RBTA and a few shrimp. And the stock PC lights in the hood are not recomended for an anemonieDOH! Guess I should have researched a little more.

And yes Vanz have checked out that site. Thanks!

Scott - time to slap a 70w MH in that badboy! Check out how i modded a halogen fixture to accept a 70w MH, i think you could just reuse the reflector and ditch the body and it might work for that tank.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=570

I do not want the MH in it. The reason I got one of these was for simplicity. He is only 8 and is just wanting a couple of cool looking gobys and a couple of shrimp. Otherwise I would have bought the 70 HQI version. I really like the fact that it also has a top to help hold in the moisture. Plus it makes the wife happy she was woriied about the other tank with the open top well so was I you never know what a kid might try to put in there(scary)

I thought you said above you were going to try to find one with HQI? I'm all confused now!! (scratch)(scratch)(laugh)(laugh)

No HQI was just wondering how they mod them for the filters and pumps and stuff like that. I think I have it all fidured out now and am going to get it going tonight or tom night.

I do not want the MH in it. The reason I got one of these was for simplicity. He is only 8 and is just wanting a couple of cool looking gobys and a couple of shrimp. Otherwise I would have bought the 70 HQI version. I really like the fact that it also has a top to help hold in the moisture. Plus it makes the wife happy she was woriied about the other tank with the open top well so was I you never know what a kid might try to put in there

Only now things migth change again and have to find one with the HQI I did not want one due to an open top. I like the closed top as for less evaporation in his room. But after rading a few things this might not work out for what he wants to do.

:p :D .

:p :D .

I did say I might have to find one:D But ended up not going that rout and kept the closed top one. Ended up just having to get rid of the Rose anem. I just want something simple he is only 8 and I am the one who has to clean it and do not have time to take care of the bigger one. All he really wants are a couple of gobys and a few shrimp. Well need to finish getting it up and running.

Hey, i'm not crazy!!!! Thanks dippin61!!! (laugh)

Scott you got some splaining to do! :p

So how are the mods coming anyway?

Your still crazy(nutty)

And like I said did not want a open topDOH! Just want to use the KISS theory.

Mods are done just did the pump and a few things in the filter boxes. Am going to set up a fuge in one of them and see how it works. Ended up getting it running last night but want to change the rocks around already. Also need to figure out the heater. Looked at it this morning and it was 85(scary) went down to 82 this aftrernoon so trying to get it lower. Will post some pics later.

No skimmer as of now. Am going to see what happens and go from there. Like I said simple simple simple(laugh) Although it is not turning out simpleDOH! Now I remember how much I love aquascaping(flame) I am to much a perfectionist and want it one way and can not get it to work with the rock I have(scratch) Hopefully it all works out it does not look to bad and have a few frags already in there along with a small CUC.

pics pics pics

please :)

thinking about setting one up for my daughter in the not so distant future. She absolutely loves her mom and dads tank, helps clean it, feed the fish, and knows all the names of the animals including corals and algae lol. plus heck, who wouldnt want a third SW tank? :p

Will get some tom. so far have a torch in there and some zenia weed that he lovesDOH! Also put in his Fire shrimp and he is king of the tank only thing about him is he hides behind the rocks all the time. Als ohave some zoos in there to.

Great little tank I love the fact that it is all together and you almost have to add nothing. The moonlights are great also they light up the entire tank.