Aggressive damsels

Zoolander

I've had a pair of azure damsels for years and they've always been pretty chill with everybody. I added a small shoal of vanderbilt chromis this morning and the damsels suddenly think they own the whole tank. I moved some of the rock work around and turned off the lights but they're still chasing any of the new fish they see anywhere in the tank.

My question is will they calm down in a day or two once they're accustomed to the new fish or if I will need to catch the damsels and remove them from the tank?

In my experience, No. I tried a few combos with much larger fish as well as "aggressive" fish. I added an adult tomato clown that lasted several months, till I found them dead on the bottom chewed up.  I swear the damsel just got bored one night and would kill a fish. Sometimes ones that had been in the tank for over a year with them. As soon as I sumped the damsels, all fish additions survived. 

• Like 1